 Administrative / General / 9032
Re: Calling it Quits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:42:38 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Secondly, it’s not cool when several people whom appear to be concerned get
degradedly referred to as “suckers.”

I'll tell you both one thing.  I happen to remember this:

   http://news.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=5691

which at the time shocked me but turned out to be true.  When I read Mark
Sandlin's post in .announce earlier, I had absolutely no reason to doubt it.

Its also sad April Fools Day is on the American calendar.  What are those
guys thinking?  And under no circumstances is it acceptable to play an April
Fools' joke a week ahead, never.

Honestly, I've never in my life heard of an April Fools joke played in
March, except for the train hoax in .trains last year.

Now I can agree there, and its not as much fun for me anymore.  But jokes
like this (appropriately timed) add to the flavor for me.

If it was a joke, I personally think it was in extremely bad taste.

The ONLY thing I think that was done to the extreme was the post to
.announce.  That dilutes the purpose of the group.  A post to people and a
followup to o-t.fun would have been better.

It was totally inappropriate for .announce if it was a joke.  I seriously
hope something like this never happens here again.

--
Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com>