 Administrative / General / 10724
Re: HELP! I'm not getting my email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:52:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Russell Clark writes:
I am subscribed to three newsgroups by mail. I haven't been getting the
emails for a week or two. I have posted via the web, but I am not receiving
my copy by email. I have verified in my LUGNET set-up that I am subscribed.
Also, due to a non-related issue, I had my ISP remove me from all SPAM
blocking lists, so I know the emails are not getting blocked. HELP?

Hello Russell,

The following recent post might contain a possible explanation of your problem:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=10685

On a influencial web-managers resource site Lugnet is listed as a site that
has a high risk to be used for sending spam by a third party. This triggers
some providers to block e-mail comming from Lugnet as a pecaution measure.

There is a post of one of the admins saying that people are working on it
(although posted by another admin than the one in charge of resolving the
problem):  http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=10712

Given the time it takes, I assume it's a rather delicate procedure.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.