 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 441 – 460 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]

(...) chipping (...) people (...) I know what you mean...the purpose of multiple newsgroups is to make it *easier* for people to read what they want, not to divide things up so much that you have to scour 74 different newsgroups to figure out where (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.428)

  Re: Brickbay?

In lugnet.admin.general, Kenneth Wright writes: ... (...) This is odd. What is the URL for the page that shows only 6 sub-catagories? When I go to: (URL) I see nine catagories. Since .brickshops, .appraisal and .theory are relatively new, is it (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.428)

  Re: blowharding (was: Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...)

(...) into (...) <insert voice of moderation> Well, Matthew Moulton has been, IMO and in the apparant majority of opinions, a jerk today. *BUT* If you search back, you'll notice that he's been an infrequent, generally reasonable poster for upwards (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms)

service
(score: 1.427)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)

(...) Hehe. I wouldn't bet on it Matt, you post a *lot*! But there's nothing wrong with that... even as 8th place you posted a lot less than the top twenty last your, I think (too lazy to check). As someone here pointed out, last year had many (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet
(score: 1.426)

  Re: Attack of the ABS addiction (Wal-Mart = EVIL)

(...) Take it easy there *“TOY IN RECTUM” ;) We’re only discussing creative anagrams here. Anyway, Iian didn’t even create those… He’s just reiterating what the “Internet Anagram Server” concluded. (URL) the site is just plain neat, he wasn’t trying (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.426)

  Re: Broken FTX linking?

(...) ...and your browser is configured to open your news client when receiving a "news:" URL. In IE, choose Tools | Internet Options, choose the "Programs" tab, and select your news client in the "Newsgroups" field. ROSCO (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.426)

  Words…

(...) No fighting, I haven’t even donned my flame-suit! :) I believe that I put it quite eloquently, talking about “creative anagram” usage, and “relevant content.” (...) Hey, I too agree with Tim, but I just wanted to provide context to the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

internet
(score: 1.425)

  Re: The Guide is Reciprocal Linking with Peeron.com

(...) ... and ALL Wanadoo users (which is probably more than half of all french internet users) have been banned too :-((( (And I have the same problem on www.ldraw.org...) (...) I use an anonymiser to get through that problem. For example try (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general)

internet
(score: 1.425)

  Re: The Guide is Reciprocal Linking with Peeron.com

Hi What a nice idea! But sadly enough, ALL T-online users (which is probably more than half of all german internet users) have been banned from the Peeron site! So for all those people (including me), this new linking idea is rather useless. Too bad (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general)

internet
(score: 1.424)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I agree with you on almost all points made so far. I have been a LUGNET participant for several years now, and feel a difference in the community. I am ashamed at some of the instances of LUGNET "correction" that have happened in the past. I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.424)

  Re: Sales for 1980's castle and space models

Well, I just got Spam from him too. :^( The return address was "service @brickbay.com" but I don't recall ever buying anything from him on brickbay. ~Mark (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

service
(score: 1.424)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:G3oBzE.5yt@lugnet.com... (...) Glad to hear it! (...) actually (...) address. Understandable. (...) Note - you may want to develop a signature with your title at TLC in it, similar to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.terms)

service
(score: 1.423)

  Re: Sales for 1980's castle and space models

In lugnet.admin.general, Eng Wee Lean writes: Disclaimer: I ain't the admin here, just some galoob that hangs out here more than he should. What I say ain't definitive, that's for Todd. But I bet I'm mostly right in what I say below, as I am usually (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.terms)

service
(score: 1.423)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

(...) are there some measure in place? yes, some. Is it possible to block out crawlers? not really. As long as anyone can point their browser (or newsreader) and connect to LUGNET, without requiring a password, the data there can be harvested. We (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.422)

  unscheduled outage

lugnet.com experienced an unscheduled service outage today which, according to the logs, lasted for approximately 68 minutes from 15:02 EST to 16:10 EST. I'll have to scour the logs later to hopefully get to the bottom of what caused the problem. I (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.420)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

Tanya: I am not disagreeing with your understanding of the TOS, but let me just throw in that I wish I had never used my real name to use lugnet. It's no real panic, but I am almost positive my full name and email address was collected from lugnet (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.420)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

I would feel much less comfortable around Lugnet without knowing people's names - I guess I am a very visual person and a name gives me a peg to hang a mental image on of the people whose posts I am reading and to which I am replying. I am not (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.420)

  Re: Private boards?

(...) And the server name for that NNTP service is lugnet.com. So lugnet.com is an NNTP server. Steve (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 1.420)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

Dosent this mean that is real name is clearly understood. He has given it out freely on Lugnet, and therefore under the TOS is allowed to post using an alias Excerpt of the relevant section: unless your real name and identity is clearly understood, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.420)

  Re: FS-Pirate & Town Sets Mint In Sealed Boxes/Pack

(...) I'd vote for .swap. I have no problem with all systems which solicit several cash offers and pick the best offer as auctions. That could even be done without changing the newsgroup names. The things I would be in favor of for more (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.nntp)

service
(score: 1.420)

More:  Next Page >>