 Administrative / General / 10193
Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:04:01 GMT

Dosent this mean that is real name is clearly understood.
He has given it out freely on Lugnet, and therefore under the TOS is allowed
to post using an alias

Excerpt of the relevant section:
unless your real name and identity is clearly understood, accepted, and
documented by the community as the true identity behind such messages.

The name is documented and the posting indicated is quite clear so all you
have to evaluate is the acceptance by Lugnet. and since he's been posting
using it for a while, has it not been accepted??
A number of people here post using Alias' but we know what their names are,
do you have to sign the name at the bottom of each post, post as such or
just indicate your name at some point.
Steffan certainly hasn't shyed away from making his name known on request.
Yes its nice to know who your talking to, but in the reality of the
internet, unless you have MI5 or CIA powers, anonimity is pretty easy to
achive if you _Really_ want it, and who would know. Maybe Im not really
called James (apart from the fact I am :)

--
James Stacey
---------
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado