 Administrative / General / 10192
Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:07:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:
Darth Joules -
I hate to be the voice of "the rules", but you are supposed to be using your
real name,

Do we know it is not his real name?

Scott A

From this post, I think it is evident that it is indeed a pseudomyn

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=10212

What's more, he was told to post using his real name, changed and has
reverted to the pseudonym. Definitely worth noting.

I noticed this as well.  In the thread based on his original (first time to
LUGNET) posting, it was pointed out to him the problem about a screen name
vs. a real name.  He dealt with it quickly and graciously.  His real name,
for all intents and purposes is now on file.

However, some time in the last 3 - 4 months, he began using the Darth screen
name again.  Here is a sample posting from back in October:

http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=10548

And he made many many postings under the name after that.  I still have to
wonder why it could go on for almost 4 months with no one noticing until
just yesterday.  The guy has put his real name out there and for some reason
wants to use a different screen name.  The association is known publically.
He has established this name as his 'trademark' if you will.  Is there
really any harm in him continuing to use it?

Regards,
Allan B.