 Administrative / General / 10203
Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:34:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess writes:
From this post, I think it is evident that it is indeed a pseudomyn

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=10212

I agree with you. I just wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but
now there is little doubt. ;) Now that we know that he is breaking the ToS,
we have to consider if it is worth bothering about (I can't say I care).
Given that he has two accounts here (one with his apparent real name and the
other with his moniker), it should be easy to rectify this situation if
desired?

Scott, Duane --

Thanks for the links and history...  Yes, this is fairly easy to rectify.
Some wires got crossed in the userinfo database (due to human error, my
fault, sometime last August and not noticed until recently).  Once in a
blue moon, a news-posting setup application form squeeks by and enters the
database of valid "From:" headers that the system accepts, and contains a
pseudonym/moniker in the real-life-name field.

I have corrected Steffan's entry so that the system has and can insert the
correct value for the "X-Real-Life-Name:" header on any new messages Steffan
submits, as he intended here:

   http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=10212

and I have gone back and corrected the "X-Real-Life-Name:" headers in his
existing earlier messages -- the way they should have appeared in the first
place when the system added the headers when the messages were received.
Note that Steffan can continue to post with the From: line of

   From: "Darth Joules" <darthjoules@zerzura.com>

as this is fully permitted by the ToS, and the mistake was simply that the
system wasn't inserting his real-life name in the "X-Real-Life-Name:" header
as it should have been.

Steffan --

My apologies for the system's having inserted the wrong entry in the
X-Real-Life-Name header on your messages.

--Todd