 Administrative / General / 8298
Re: Sales for 1980's castle and space models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:54:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eng Wee Lean writes:

Disclaimer: I ain't the admin here, just some galoob that hangs out here
more than he should. What I say ain't definitive, that's for Todd. But I bet
I'm mostly right in what I say below, as I am usually right about
everything. Just ask me, I'll tell you... <grin>

To James Brown, Mark Sandin and Rose Regner,

Hi! I believe all of you have received his e-mail.
This message "Sales for castle and space models" was posted by me.
I am trying to help this fellow to clear up his castle and space models.

<snipped a lot of situational explanation>

That's all very well and good but what seems to be getting lost here is that
you're posting market stuff in lugnet.general. That's typically not allowed,
even when it's on behalf of someone in dire straits.

Feel free to help or not help Mark as you will, but please consider
confining your posts to the correct groups, thanks. It makes for more peace
and quiet as we don't then have long discussions about whether the posts
were justified, whether we should have posted saying not to do it, etc.
etc... Review the terms and conditions which you agreed to abide by when
posting privileges were granted you.

There may be a language barrier here, let us know if you don't clearly
understand the posting regulations that are in place on LUGNET.

Further, Mark himself is spamming people. Not the same sort of nasty "make
money in my pyramid scheme by reselling email addresses" spam that is the
most annoying, but spam nonetheless.

That annoys people. In some cases it annoys them to the point of contacting
the admins of Mark's ISP and getting his account cancelled. Mark needs to
stop spamming. The more spam he generates, the more trouble it will cause
him in the long run. So the sooner he stops the better and if you're trying
to help him you ought to tell him that.

There may be a language barrier here, if you or Mark are not sure what spam
is, find out, find out quickly, and stop. Please. If you don't, you may lose
YOUR posting privileges here. And that would be a shame.

FUT has been set to admin.terms as this is a Terms of Service issue.

++Lar