 Administrative / General / 10016
10015  |  10017
Subject:
Words…
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 04:19:05 GMT

Jude Beaudin wrote:
people who jump in ready to fight

No fighting, I haven’t even donned my flame-suit!    :)
I believe that I put it quite eloquently, talking about
“creative anagram” usage, and “relevant content.”

I think Tim is right in the way he asked Iain to
refrain from using that language.

Hey, I too agree with Tim, but I just wanted to provide context to the
statement and provide an inference of Iian’s direction. In addition, I
thought it would be funny if I made my argument using an anagram of Tim’s
name to support my point of creative expression.      But alas no…       :(

How about engaging people who throw around terms like ‘A$$’ rather than
those who use proper terminology like ‘rectum’ in a relevant context?

James Brown wrote:
site meant to be accessible to children

So is the rest of the internet…
Anyway, children wouldn’t necessarily pick up on those particular phrases!
Only Adults with tainted concepts developed through exposure to lewd material.

Conversely, a kid really isn’t gonna run from their computer with blood
streaming from their eyes after reading what was written. The real world has
such words in it, and the playground where your kids frolic (even in
Calgary) contains FAR worse words.

Please honor the Terms of Use

                                   I am!

If ‘Rectum’ irks you then you’d better go and “burn all” the school and
library anatomy books that contain the word!!! While your at it, lets stop
teachin’ sexual-education in the public school system, cause the term
‘Rectum’ may be used. Let us refrain from educating the children cause
knowledge is dangerous…………………….
(I like to get carried away some times…  :)  )

                         --==Richard==--

Big Brother IS here…and he’s in the minds of those with limited-scope.
Individuals who let stigma and their Victorian pedantic prudish repressive
nature occupy their once free minds. People are a product of their times,
neo-conservatism and political correctness hamper enlightened thought. Go
ahead, have Freudian phallic afflictions, only in a represses perverse
society would such fetishes exist. Free your mind, and the trivialities of
word association will no longer bind you.       ~A rose by any other name

P.S. you think 1000Stine has such issues, NO; they’re much more liberal over
in Europe.