 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 261 – 280 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Enough already

(...) material (...) "Poking around hotline servers" Ahh, another practioner of the black art... You know, this is what's so laughable about the whole situation. Uh, HELLO THE GENIE IS OUT OF THE BOTTLE. Copyright laws are a relic from the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) I can't pinpoint any concrete examples of elitism, per se...but,upon reflection I can see where some debates degenerated into lowballing of comments from opposing perspectives ...I view Lugnet as a Microcosm of the internet information (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Todd - Question about Software you use

What do you use to run LUGNET? IE: Is it a 'canned' package that does all the Web HTML, NNTP, Email Notify on post stuff and so on or were you just totally god like with internet protocols, read the RFCs over coffee and wrote your own thing? Thanks (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: My point.

(...) D'oh! I forgot my own footnote. [1] I was there to flame. I enjoy flaming people. I don't think it's a big crime, especially if you keep it to places where it's appropriate, such as alt.usenet.kooks, alt.flame, ne.internet.services (circa (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Ten cheers for Jake

(...) LUGNET has admins? I haven't ever seen evidence of that...I seem to remember a particular thread that had the F word in it over twenty times and it was never edited or deleted. 'The friendliest place on the Internet', eh? (20 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Set Number Search Engine for Lugnet/News

Todd, have you ever considered adding the Set Number Search engine that is on the LUGNET Home Page (among others) to the News/Discussion Groups web pages. For those of us that read the groups via the Internet site (and are terrible are remembering (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: .loc.eu (was: Re: UKLUG Prototype online)

(...) I agree in full. That'd be the proper place to organize major or minor events, and to inform everybody in Europe of good deals and opportunities. For example there are a few companies that sell via internet in Europe only (Toyshop, Riemann (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) Beg all you want. You can't deny responsibility. You've been told what not to do, if you persist in doing it, you're responsible. Therefore you have control. (...) No company "has little or no need to use the internet". Not if it wants to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  How do i get my full name omitted from my posts?

I was wondering if someone could offer some assistance! I've just entered into a government position the requires me to have my full name omitted from any web sites or internet documents. I joined Lugnet long ago when it first started up sith Suz (...) (18 years ago, 23-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.curators)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

(...) I was just answering the point that Eric was making, that is all. Bickering is not my intention. To be honest, I wish I had enough self restraint to stop myself answering the points raised. I just hate to be misrepresented that is all. I _do_ (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Carrying rec.toys.lego on lugnet.com

Well since getting RTL here sometime in the near future looks practicaly impossible... Is there a news server that does carry it. I dislike using the AOL browser for anything, for me AOL is just a internet connection. Outlook Express does a (...) (26 years ago, 10-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up

(...) It's probably the same scenario that Mike Stanley is seeing, but I'm not so sure sometimes. I'm accessing LUGNET around the hours of 9 AM to 6 PM MDT, in Utah. I'm on a 100Mb LAN connected through Novell's Internet link, which is typically (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Two users - one PC

(...) This *can* be solved from your end. If you use Netscape Communicator, you could set up different profiles for you and your son. Then you'd have the ability to use different cookies, bookmarks, colors, etc. But seeing as how you're using MS (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: QuickSet in MSIE (was: Re: Set search on all pages?)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FrAqqE.wA@lugnet.com... (...) JavaScript. (...) once (...) bar, (...) It works great under MSIE (4 and 5 not tested under 3) when using the pictures as links. Tim did you check you browser (...) (25 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) From the main page: Where minds connect: You are not alone! LUGNET is home to thousands of LEGO fans of all ages. We are a community which never sleeps — and has been called "the friendliest place on the Internet." So it seems it has always (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: LEGNET to change hands while continuing normal operation

(...) As someone who had Lugnet as his home page for the last five years, I want to thank you and Todd for all the hard (and excelent) work you've done with Lugnet. Without Lugnet my Internet and Lego experience wouldn't have been nearly as (...) (19 years ago, 14-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Cats and pigeons...

(...) Ah, but they're clearly taken from a missive sent to TRU from TLC, and as they aren't on the shelves, aren't yet meant for public consumption. Right? I do agree, though, that since the information is being taken from a TRU computer, that the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Carrying rec.toys.lego on lugnet.com

Also sprach Fred Carcanague III: : Well since getting RTL here sometime in the near future looks practicaly : impossible... Is there a news server that does carry it. I dislike using the : AOL browser for anything, for me AOL is just a internet (...) (26 years ago, 10-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: Cracking down on unauthorized image links

(...) I agree with all of the above (in principle); those were some of my first thoughts as well. But like I said before, "All of these [gripes of his] are tangible concerns which are likely to resurface again and again among the general Internet (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 1.845)

  Re: New Terms of Use for LUGNET

(...) Hi Bruce, that's a well justified question. Basically, this astriction arised out of the German "Protection of Young Persons Act". There's an addendum called "Jugendmedienschutz-...tsvertrag" (word-by-word translation would cause nonsense, but (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.terms, FTX)

internet
(score: 1.845)

More:  Next Page >>