 Administrative / NNTP / 1575
Re: Why these news groups were created
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:27:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz wrote:

   Lugnet is attempting to create a community (and it’s a very real community, one of the most real communities I participate in),

Maybe the purpose of LUGNET shouldn’t be to create a community, but rather be a resource center for all things pertaining to LEGO. Boards are useful for communication among AFOLs, and many AFOLs have come to know each other as a result of LUGNET, but I think the goal of creating a LUGNET community might be questionable.

From the main page:

Where minds connect:   You are not alone! LUGNET is home to thousands of LEGO
fans of all ages. We are a community which never sleeps — and has been called
"the friendliest place on the Internet."

So it seems it has always been the goal to create a community. I don’t question your right to question that goal, but surely if Todd & Suzanne wanted to create just a resource centre for all things pertaining to LEGO, they would have.

ROSCO