 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 241 – 260 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  posting to the robotics newsgroup

Does anyone know why, when I post to the lugnet.robotics newsgroups I get two emails, one from payments-autorespond...amazon.com and another from mailer-daemon@google.com reporting a delivery failure. Posting to a lugnet newsgroup should not result (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.546)

  Address munge and Google...

Hi. 2 Issues... 1) E-Mail Addresses in formal headers get munged but not those in the body of a message. Is there an easy soloution to this? 2) Google seems to deep crawl the Lugnet site, is there a way of controlling this? (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.541)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) I's widespread throughout the Internet. There are many newsgroups on apparently non-controversial topics that are now permanent warzones over issues that would appear trivial to most outsiders. However, I think the name calling or use of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

internet, mail
(score: 0.540)

  Re: Lugnet Newsgroups Anniversary!

(...) Aha -- found it! Here's that message: (URL) 'Date' header says "4 Oct 1998 00:00:00 GMT", which is obviously wrong, but there's another header which says "04 Oct 1998 17:13:50 CDT", which sounds right on. So if my TZ math is correct, this (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

internet, service
(score: 0.538)

  Re: Worst of the worst

(...) Okay, here's the big issue: LUGNET is based on an NNTP server, and the news system does not support such a thing as thread locking, since threads are only made up by matching subjects (and some header info) in the very first place. Enhancing (...) (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.538)

  enough useless noise. (was: simple inquiry (was: Worst of the worst))

(...) Eric, With that "logic", should I post here about the woman at the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles who gave me a hard time the other day? How about a PITA Brickseller? How about when rude comments are made about me over in (...) (18 years ago, 14-Aug-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people.support) !

mail
(score: 0.538)

  Re: Disappearing name in MS Outlook Express

(...) Here's a snapshot...(and wow, it's kind of surprising...!) --Todd 1 X-Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.11/32.235 (hand-edited References line) 1 X-Newsreader: Gnus v5.6.43/Emacs 20.2 1 X-Newsreader: Messenger v1.40a for RISC OS 1 X-Newsreader: (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.538)

  Disappearing name in MS Outlook Express

There are least two people (probably a LOT more) who are having horrible problems getting MS Outlook Express to send the right 'From' line from the data they've given...they're stumped as to how to make it work, and I don't have MS Outlook, so I'm (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.537)

  Re: 419 scammer in .robotics

(...) 419 refers to the Nigerian Penal Code section for this kind of crime. The letters/emails are still getting responses decades after the scam was created. The U.S. Secret Service has a special webpage for information: (URL) there is a wider (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.537)

  Fwd: Blogger post failed

Can someone find out who is doing this and unsubcribe them? I get this every time I validate a lugnet message in robotics. I presume they have subscribed a blogging mail-in or something similar to the group. Danny ---...--- Forwarded message (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jul-06, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

mail
(score: 0.535)

  New Primo/Duplo sets for the Database

Hi, while doing some hocus-pocus with czech catalogs, I noticed that few sets are missing on Lugnet, mostly in Primo/Duplo themes. The following info is in this format: ---cut here--- set number theme, {faked name, roughly translated from czech (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 0.535)

  Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

Hi all, I have received reports, that news-by-mail was not entirely functional. According to the logs it appears, digests do get sent out, but I cannot easily identify if all subscribers do get updated with what they subscribed for. Can you please (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.532)

  Re: News-by-Mail Subscriptions (Sat 24 Jun 2006)

(...) snip (...) Just happened to notice, years 2007-2009 appear to have no subscribers for immediate emails, so when you view the list on the web, the leading spaces are trimmed, and symbols don't align correctly. Probably the best solution would (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.532)

  Re: clarifying/reminding users of "the rules" [Re: Help Wanted]

(...) Joe: I will write an e-Mail. -Rene (18 years ago, 29-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.532)

  Re: This is it: We're moving!

(...) Bruce, this is what I meant with my other posts, that I would like to know of anyone currently not receiving his mail subscriptions. Apparently only the direct mail function is affected, whereas the digest function works as intended. I am (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.532)

  Re: Nuking posts from dead accounts...

(...) Hi Alex, do you feel confident that you internalized the whole purpose of a news archive? I doubt we will make the deletion of own posts a duck soup for everybody ;-) Of course, whenever anyone has a reason to cancel a post (duplicate posts, (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.532)

  Re: clarifying/reminding users of "the rules" [Re: Help Wanted]

(...) Good point there. I was mainly thinking that perhaps the curators could be empowered to at least be able to make the first "friendly" reminder. Because of the need for consistent policy though, I would not want them to do anything more than (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.532)

  Re: Cannot login to lugnet with my mail/news client.

"Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:J13HMx.Eu@lugnet.com... (...) Okay, it looks as if the problem with getting the news server set in the mail/news client one uses definitely WILl cause problems. If anyone is experiencing (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.532)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

(...) Okay, it appears I misunderstood you to that extent. Sorry about that. Then again, the issue is still, that mailing lists as a standard use the original From: address (which is you) but change the Reply-To field to the mailing list itself. I (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.532)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

(...) This is usually due to recipients not caring about the "reply-to" field. As a subscriber, you can select whether the posts you receive via email should include the original poster or rather the newsgroup-address in the reply-to field. The (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.532)

More:  Next Page >>