 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 2201 – 2220 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Woah that's one heck of a CC: list up there! Funny, one of which I subscribe too (announce).. and I don't believe that one accepts replies? Todd Lehman wrote: <SNIP lots of message :) > (...) Does debate not fit this area already? I'm unsure as I've (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  What should be done about ratings (Was: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful?)

Before I start this message is a response to (URL) have very rarely used the Lugnet News web-interface so I did a little research on the rating system. After twiddling around in the web-based version I discovered that some fundamental issues need to (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) That's exactly right. The note he posted excerpts from was not the first note, or even the second, but rather the third. The first note merely asked if he meant to use the word choices he used, and asked if he wanted to cancel. What I got back (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]

(...) IF you forgot to say that you were in Oz when you saw it. On the other hand people post this all the time and others jump on it and arrange for some cross border buying and selling. But your example is flawed as that post belongs in (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Why there are so many UK groups

(...) On the other hand, to someone living in Boston, events transpiring 4000 km away in San Francisco typically seem a hundred times closer than events transpiring only 400 km away in Montreal. (...) But in the USA, where petrol is (terribly (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Babelfish question (was Re: Cross posting in eu (was: Aaargh!)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: snip,snip,snip... (...) That's probably a good idea (it doesn't worry me) for the sensitive, but people will always be tempted to look at their 'mark' and get upset. (...) I think the rating system has a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Names within lugnet.loc.dk hierarchy

(...) You appear to use the administrative divisions of Denmark - almost. If you want to continue to do that you should include all "amter" (there are 14 of them) and write the full names. The other option is to use "geographic" divisions of (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.dk)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Still spammin!

(...) What is a safe address? My "safest" address is one that actually contains the word NOSPAM. :) So far, the harvesters have filtered out that one... Today is the last day of my 30 days evaluation period of McAffe's SpamKiller. I must say I'm not (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Posting Twice!!!

(...) Fraser, I'm not sure yet exactly what's going on, but I'm sure it will certainly turn out to be Yet Another Horrible Bug in MS Look Out! -- because Microsoft products, as a general rule, suck and are evil. It's said that the day Microsoft (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) K, you are sooooo talking to the wrong guy about this one. If it were up to me, right now every bridge, every overhead sign, everything along the highway system, would have a photo radar installed. Give me 10 grande to install the first,then (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Product line granularities and parallel newsgroups

(...) Also, from the AR standpoint, totally spelled-out names are virtually guaranteed to be forward-compatible with all future names. For example, imagine if it was 1989 and MT meant Model Team, and along came M:Tron. :) (...) I agree with that. (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Ok, some initial thoughts.... I was opposed to a .rant type group earlier, I now see that it could be valuable. One question though is how to get the ranting to move there. I don't think we can eliminate initial rants in response to an announcement, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  TLC re-releasing discontinued LEGO Duplo set!

Hi all, although we shouldn't be optimistic becuase the small fact I found out today, I still can't wait to tell you about it! Today, I *might* have found the very first re-released discontinued set ever. It's nothing important IMHO as it's been (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.duplo) !

mail
(score: 1.404)

  What has caused .announce to drift?

Boy, was I surprised to see the post tonight that Chet C. made to .announce about the TLG press release. It's ironic because I had just been talking with Jason S. earlier today about how the .announce group had drifted away from its original dual (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

Larry Pieniazek: (...) Difficult to tell, but critical mass isn't much of a metric here as it is on Usenet, mainly because groups are archived and easily past-browseable and because it is so easy to create new groups and receive them as mailing (...) (26 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: i admit i was wrong

(...) This was me. I thought I would try and give you all my feelings on what I have seen from the outside. I am an LDraw user and like to follow lugnet.cad.dev but I rarely if ever post there. I have also seen Jonathan on other groups as well and (...) (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Ebay auction Group

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) explored... (...) non-privately- (...) eBay). (...) the (...) it (...) My thoughts? I think there is a significant who are interested in almost any market posting except eBay. To me, this suggests that an easy (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: posting privileges to 1000steine-members revoked!?

(...) I can see how there might be some confusion about this. Remember we do not censor posts. Nor do we control who can or cannot highlight (evince the fact that your post that I am replying to seems to have, at a time that people say they want (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Lugnet slowing down?

(...) Here is a list of the points in the past 3 days where the server load average was 0.5 or higher: Sat Sep 26 03:14:00 EDT 1998 0.51 Sat Sep 26 11:13:00 EDT 1998 0.78 Sat Sep 26 11:52:00 EDT 1998 1.51 Sat Sep 26 11:53:00 EDT 1998 0.55 Sat Sep 26 (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

More:  Next Page >>