 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1161 – 1180 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?

(...) I disagree that there is a "double-standard" (but that's just wording), but I agree that it would go a long way toward eliminating gray areas -- if the boundaries could be defined clearly (which I'm very skeptical of). Some things to figure (...) (25 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms) !

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) traffic (...) exist, (...) to (...) I think there is a "double standard" in that auction posts are singled out as particularly bad. This is not necessarily a bad thing (we also have a "double standard" on (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company

(...) Some more background and clarification (Important): This new .lego.* area (especially .lego.direct) is intended more as a "community dialogue with the LEGO Company -- for courteous and concise discussion" than as a regular traffic discussion (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general) !!

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: the latest news Rating System

(...) Well, I get all my LUGNET content through the e-mail exchange, and I very rarely frequent the web interface. I don't see the ratings at all, and I really don't care all that much. Knowing the assualt I got in debate, it probably is better (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: LUGNET getting too complex?

(...) It doesn't send you multiple copies of crossposted articles via e-mail. It's smart enough to know that if you're subscribed to both A and B, and someone crossposts to both A and B, to send you only one copy rather than two. (Of course in (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

(...) Well, there's always <URL:(URL). Is it possible for you to use other mail software? (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  (canceled)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: membership question

(...) Do you mean with respect to news-posting setup? i.e., (URL) with respect to membership? i.e., (URL) We would also like to sign up both of ours boys, aged 4 and 4 months, but (...) No, it's not dependent on unique email addresses. In fact, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: New feature for messages?

(...) It works better because there's only one server, which honors canceling. But on the other hand, with that many people reading LUGNET off the mail interface, I'd say canceling works _worse_ than on USENET. You can't cancel a message which has (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  RE: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

G'day, I've e-mailed Todd about this a couple of times, and I think I posted a message asking for help, but I haven't got any replies. Unfortunately, this problem could easily be caused by the mail server at work, which I have no way of fixing. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  RE: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

(...) Tried...can't seem to get it working (...) Not likely to happen (...) My NLSO would not appreciate this...she complains about anything Lego related. She'd hit the roof if I even suggested this (...) See above. (...) Unfortunately, I think I'll (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: Changing email address (was:Re: Znap popularity?)

(...) Just waiting for my LUGNET membership password in the mail packet.... (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

(...) No -- I think Kevin's newsreader is kludging up threading by subject -- which doesn't really work, but gives that illusion in some cases. BTW, Ben -- could you please try an experiement for me? Reply to this message when you receive it, but at (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: A Question on Logging in and posting

(...) As I understand it, there is currently no integration between the userid and the various cookies (news setup, mail subscription setup) and therefore, knowledge of who you are is not taken advantage of to any meaningful extent. As LUGNET grows (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Thread Marking, news-by-mail?

As I don't read every message in LUGNET, there are sometimes interesting threads in groups that I don't check regularly and I miss out because of that. I imagine that building a web-interface mechanism for tracking individual threads would be heavy (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: LUGNET getting too complex?

(...) while this is a workaround and not a solution to the problem you're pointing out, is to read lugnet either with NNTP or through the news-by-mail. Both will only show you a message once, no matter how many groups it's crossposted to. :) Dan (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: No more spam from Helge Viker

(...) [snip] Yes, technically it was Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (UCE), or perhaps even Unsolicited Bulk Commercial E-mail. But these days the term "spam" (not upper-case SPAM Luncheon Meat, the trademarked, um, food product) is used as a generic (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: Thread Marking, news-by-mail?

(...) Yahoo isn't that smart, it's only got 3megs of space and setting up individual filters for each thread is much harder than clicking a "subscribe to thread" button on the web-interface. But yeah - I could do that if I wasn't so lazy :) Richard (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.169)

  Re: the latest news

(...) These are some serious concerns, and a while ago, I was on the verge of leaving Lugnet. I think things have taken a turn for the better. Now that Todd has clarified that the purpose of the council is not to be a panel of judges, but to be a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.168)

  Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

(...) if (...) The note is taken, and I will have this in mind in the future. (...) and (...) Both Jeremy Sproat and Eric Kingsley has been send a mail with a copy of the mail where I got their email address. I will do the same for anybody else (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.168)

More:  Next Page >>