 Administrative / General / 6206
Re: LUGNET getting too complex?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 06:15:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Salm writes:
[...]
As for receiving Lugnet messages via SMTP I cannot comment about cross-posted
messages; I only receive a handful of groups this way and they are groups
that do not often have cross-posted messages.  But my thinking is that one
copy of a message is sent via email for each group that I am signed up for,
regardless to whether I will receive multiple copies of the same post from
different groups.  I could be wrong on this.  Anyone know for sure?

It doesn't send you multiple copies of crossposted articles via e-mail.  It's
smart enough to know that if you're subscribed to both A and B, and someone
crossposts to both A and B, to send you only one copy rather than two.  (Of
course in digest mode, all bets are off. :)

--Todd