 Administrative / General / 6106
Re: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 04:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Does this mean that the problem isn't all at my end?

No -- I think Kevin's newsreader is kludging up threading by subject --
which doesn't really work, but gives that illusion in some cases.

BTW, Ben -- could you please try an experiement for me?  Reply to this
message when you receive it, but at the very last moment, before sending it
to lugnet.admin.general@lugnet.com, change that instead to lehman@javanet.com
(or if your e-mail software doesn't let you change it, perhaps you could add
that address).  I'll be able to take a closer look at the raw message that
way.  Perhaps there is some nonstandard header that your mailer is sending
which could be used.

Do you have any way to read from home or is work the only place you can read
from?

--Todd