 Administrative / General / 6476
Re: membership question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:02:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Rose Regner writes:
Todd,

I have asked these questions before, however I have never received a
response. Forgive me if I have posted this to the wrong group.

Eric and I both post to LUGNET under the same email address. We would very
much like to become members, however I need to know if and how we can both
be members under the same email address. Will this work?

Do you mean with respect to news-posting setup? i.e.,

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

or with respect to membership? i.e.,

   http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/join/

We would also like to sign up both of ours boys, aged 4 and 4 months, but
obviously they can't completely fill out the form and they don't have
separate email addresses. Is the membership information dependant on unique
email addresses? Lego is our family affair.

No, it's not dependent on unique email addresses.  In fact, theoretically,
if someone didn't have an e-mail address, they could still become a member
(although we'd have to handle activation manually, since there isn't currently
a procedure for this).

You can enter the same email address for all four of you, once on each form
submission.

We have previously entered data in the membership form and then had our data
rejected because we didn't fill out all the required information. I was not
able to determine which information is required. Could you mark on the
membership form which information is required to submit.

Basically, the required fields are the fields not marked

   (optional)

on the form.  Exceptions to this (fields which aren't required but also aren't
marked "optional") are the following:

   e-mail #2
   e-mail #3

and there are also some fields not marked "optional" which are optional.
(Actually, they're marked "optional" with a blanket-statement at the top of
the section -- e.g., "All of the boxes in this section are optional.  Answer
as many or as few as you like."

I'll go add the "optional" label to the #2 and #3 email fields right now.

--Todd