 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1081 – 1100 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Unsubscribing from news by e-mail - web page broken

(...) Hello? -Duane (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Please change my "from" e-mail address in posts

(...) Larry, Looks like it worked just fine. Thanks again for all your help, and again, a big thank you to the whole team for all you put up with and all you do. Peace and Long Life, Tony (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: contacting me via e-mail

(...) Could you add those to the Admin.general sidebar too? Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on your contact information. -Lenny (19 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: contacting me via e-mail

(...) LUGNET email generally seems to have been broken for a while, including the method to validate messages via email: (URL) 1 March 2006 (URL) 17 Feb 2006 (URL) 30 Jan 2006 so maybe some of those 900,000 are connected with that. I also wonder if (...) (19 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: CFD: robotics sub-groups

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Soccer ball name

(...) I only get the one copy -- the one you e-mail to me (assuming it makes it to me OK, which is highly probable but not guaranteed). I also see a copy of the article you posted when I read via NNTP. If I were reading lugnet.cad.dev via e-mail (...) (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Getting a password reset?

(...) I'll have to ask the system to assign you a new one and call you on the telephone with it or mail it to you. Send phone number or snail mail address. --Todd (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) First of all, one can try to get a receipt from the receivers mail program. This is certainly not fool proof, but if you get a receipt, the receiver has almost certainly seen at least the Subject of the mail. If you never get a receipt, you (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

(...) Via e-mail, simply use the Reply-To mapping... That is, If you're posting via a newsreader, then set your headers like this: Newsgroups: lugnet.foo,lugnet.ba...ugnet.gonk Followup-To: lugnet.gonk and if you're posting via e-mail, then set your (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Someone's at it again with SPAM

(...) then all the mail spammers send would be going directly to lugnet, something i don't think any of us want (especially the sysadmins!). spammers generally don't handpick e-mail addresses, they usually harvest them from the web or newsgroups or (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  From-line registration?

Some people seem to think it is cute to put garbage or ridiculous things into their "From:" lines (in place of their names and/or e-mail addresses). My gut instinct says that as more and more (and younger and younger) people discover this resource, (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: random post

(...) barney:/var/spool/mail# telnet www.lugnet.com 80 Trying 209.68.63.236... Connected to lugnet.com. Escape character is '^]'. get (URL) HTTP/1.0 <HTML><HEAD> <TITLE>302 Moved Temporarily</TITLE> </HEAD><BODY> <H1>Moved Temporarily</H1> The (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

(...) Well I agree that LUGNET is a public forum and that is why he should have posted here. I am sorry but my E-mail is not a public forum for people to send me unwanted E-mail. Also he may be a good dealer but that doesn't mean I want his E-mail. (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?

I have made sereval unsuccesfull postings to Lugnet, as it later turned out to be this was during the time that Lugnet was listed as Open relay at ORDB.org, and my provider blocked the e-mail notification messages. As a consequence, my messages are (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  enhance one of the helps pages to give the correct news/mail address form

This page: (URL) a logical one to give the correct address form for post-by-mail, or to link to a FAQ entry that does. (the correct form is: lugnet.off-topic.tes...lugnet.com and not: lugnet.off-topic.tes...ugnet.com) A FAQ entry that gives it (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Newsgroup request for MAALFD

(...) Sorry, I've been switching to a new computer and network setup. I remember seeing your mail before, but didn't write back. My old machine with all the mail on it is currently offline -- I think I'm going to take it into work and reformat it (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

(...) @all, I have identified a substantial increase of Spam to the mail-gateway, which basically resulted in an "overfull" queue of deferred bounces (the mail gateway does send a response to the original sender if for any reasons it cannot accept a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Questions about the setup for mail-to-news on lugnet.com

This is still an ongoing issue for LUGNET and people who have to occasionally post to the lugnet.robotics hierarchy. However, some interesting questions about the gateway arise. For instance, I keep finding that my email address is specified as the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Group in Subject: Header for News-by-Mail

(...) but that would be mangling the messages... which means when you reply to that message, with it's [...], the subject will not be the same as it would have been if you replied from the web interface or NNTP... I guess we could set up an incoming (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Are you missing news-by-mail digests/forwards?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:J1A7Bq.J9L@lugnet.com... (...) One issue I've had in the past with, as an example, has been posting to the lugnet.robotics newsgroup, and then getting spammed by the recipient whenever (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.407)

More:  Next Page >>