  Search Results: racial minifig
 Results 1961 – 1980 of about 17000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) I even have quite a few transitional ABS bricks with the old font, or at least a different type of stud decoration. (...) These are the years I was ignorantly calling "vintage". Sorry if I gave you the impression that I was talking about (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

Todd Lehman wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Gosh, I hope there aren't any groups which you aren't aware of the purpose they are intended to serve (though obviously you would have to do some poking around in the logs to determine for sure whether or (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) But it's an issue which comes up (naturally) from time to time -- and came up in RTL several times -- and it *IS* related to LEGO. Anything related to LEGO has a place here. On the one hand, I agree that it doesn't have a terribly big place in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) Agreed. (...) Ewe!!! I'll just throw in here that doing animations from text files is possible. But it is a nightmare once you want anything slightly complicated. I re-rendered the start and end keyframes in the PCS Dogfight animation so many (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Always good advice! Yes! (...) IMO, no debate here deserves to die so long as people are still being calm and principled and the debate is taking place in the most appropriate group (often .off-topic.debate). The .off-topic.debate are is _for_ (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Allan Bedford "Unofficial LEGO builder's guide"

Hi there, (...) I thought I would respond to Didier's kind posting, and offer a few more details about the book. Yes, I'm happy to be able to finally say that (URL) The Unofficial LEGO Builder's Guide> will soon be available! Some of you may have (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.books, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  September IndyLUG Build Contest

As discussed at the August meeting, a build contest will be held for September. The theme? MICRO! This is an open ended theme contest with lots of prizes! The prizes will be announced later. Anything goes for this contest as long as it is smaller (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) I agree. I am not going to respond to another one of Damien's posts, as he has become offensive and insulting. There is no need for racial slurs. Jason (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) of (...) Well said. Bruce (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Brick versions over the years

(...) Some parts are tracked in the Peeron database as to when they changed, like the "Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical" (4085a, 4085b, 4085c), which had 3 versions (Type 1: 1979-1987, Type 2: 1987-1992, Type 3: 1993-present). Other types of changes, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.parts)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Umm, no. You and I traded a few posts about this, and I certainly don't wish the debate would "die"- not as long as there are Lugnet users who are interested in exchanging viewpoints about it. What I *do* wish is that people who don't want the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

"Damien Nesbit" <johnnobody@msn.com> wrote in message news:FzAvEv.36r@lugnet.com... (...) they (...) [...] (...) put (...) serioulsy (...) opinion (...) attempt (...) treatment (...) As you have stated, I understand that you have experience in a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: tornato !

(...) Beh, però sarebbe carino fare una scenetta simile nel diorama cittadino :-) Il tuo modello sarebbe già troppo grosso (infatti non hanno usato quel veicolo), quindi basterebbe fare due veicoli più piccoli, il sommergibile... e una marea di (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  Truckfest/Scotfest

29th October 2005. The Boat Club, Aberdour, Fife. In an attempt to open it up to all Brickish members it is called a Truckfest. This is because at the last Scotfest it was suggested we each build a 8-wide minifig scale truck. It can be any length - (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.loc.uk)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) I don't think they perceive of it as "race" so much as they perceive of it as they don't think it represents themselves. (...) I agree that "racial" differences are extremely subjective and based on appearance. We are all one race. Cultural (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) Didn't (...) I checked with my friend at work from Iraq (note that he identifies himself as Assyrian) and confirms that arranged marriages were still happening there as of 20 years ago (when he decided he didn't want to die for the glory of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) concept (...) I'm not sure that science has a definition for "race": my physical anthropology teacher thought "race" to be a lot of nonsense based on purely external appearance (but for all I know this is out of date). Perhaps with DNA (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) Unfortunately, I am very busy right now. Once again, I have to move and it sure takes its toll from my resources. But I'd like to repeat what I've said earlier on creating LDraw based animations. We have LD4D, we have POV-ray's support for (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

minifig
(score: 0.356)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

In lugnet.starwars, Bruce Schlickbernd writes: Bruce, I fully agree with most of your points, except the following: (...) Seen from a scientific point of view, these statements are incorrect (I know you didn't necessarily mean them to be view that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

  Re: What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) It's a cultural thing completely. We don't have any racist issues in our entire history (yes, there is some religious and ethnic discrimination from time to time, but not any related to skin color) so both race discrimination and political (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

racial
(score: 0.356)

More:  Next Page >>