 Local / United Kingdom / 9438
9437  |  9439
Subject:
Truckfest/Scotfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:43:40 GMT

29th October 2005. The Boat Club, Aberdour, Fife.

In an attempt to open it up to all Brickish members it is called a Truckfest.
This is because at the last Scotfest it was suggested we each build a 8-wide
minifig scale truck.
It can be any length - I'm sure mine will be short.
We will be pleased to see you with or without a truck, you just need to bring
your enthusiasm for Lego.

The fest will be held in October in Aberdour, Fife, Scotland.
It is just over the Forth Bridge from Edinburgh, it has been the venue of 2
previous Scotfests.
It easy to reach by car, from the M90, by Air from Edinburgh airport, by train -
the village has a station on the East coast main line, you can also get the
sleeper
from London & Watford on the Friday night and return on the Sunday night.

There is a well recommended B&B in the village.
The village is in a popular tourist part of Scotland so bring the family & come
for the weekend.
The fest will once again be held in the Boat Club (the final date will depend on
when it is available), it will run from 10am to 4pm.
Lunch may be in the village tea-room and if anyone wants to stay longer we could
go out for a meal in the evening.
As before there will be buying, selling & swapping of Lego. "Show & Tell" and
various competitions.

We will be very pleased to welcome all AFOL's members. People who have made the
effort to travel to Scotland have always said that it is a very friendly event.