  Search Results: higdon studies
 Results 626 – 645 of 710.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Global Warming (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Which is enough to cover most of the coastal cities all over the world. (...) Well, I don't know exactly how many years. (...) I don't believe everything I read, no. I do believe researches that are well based on facts, yes. (...) Me too. (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.233)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) I work for the US Geological Survey's Climate History Team. I would say that we our research is respectable and legitimate. I have never seen a case of 'junk science' in my two years of employ here. For a look at our research visit: (URL) do (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.233)

  Standardized tests (was: Yummy!)

Sorry for the length of this folks, I so rarely get to use my Masters of Education ;-) (...) I think that whether one agrees or disagrees depends largely on what they think they are agreeing to. That page says a fair many things that are correct as (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.232)

  Re: How much are Blue soldiers worth?

Xcalabur wrote in message ... (...) Hey, a slightly obscure movie reference that I got (though I would have struggled to remember the movie title). I watch so few movies, and essentially no TV that I tend to dislike trivia type games. Though if (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

studies
(score: 0.232)

  REFUND

***...*** If you have received this message in error, please reply with the word CANCEL in the subject line. ***...*** Hundreds of millions of dollars in utility/telecommunication errors are being refunded each year. Recently released government (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

studies
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Evidence of Warm Blooded Dinosaurs

(...) That's just it--the distinction is unclear. The thought is that some late dromaeosaurs have archaeoptergyian skeletal features that really shouldn't have evolved independently unless the former were secondarily flightless. For example, what (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

studies
(score: 0.231)

  Re: Just look what ratings did to Slashdot!

(...) I think you've got the details right, but I'd disgree with your assessment of the result. I'd say that slashdot's moderation system has been quite successful. In the early days, /. was fun to read and had good discussions. But when it passed a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

studies
(score: 0.230)

  Re: Novice Castle Question

(...) Heh... I was just about to answer Paul's question when I saw yours... :) The two places I look first when I run across something I don't know are: (URL) --> miscellaneous links from the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) website, there's a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

studies
(score: 0.230)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) I'm not following you completely. Here's where my thinking currently is, and I admit I should have thought this through before posting extensively as I now think some of that posting may not be correct from a legal perspective. I am prepared (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

studies
(score: 0.228)

  Re: Proof of a Hoax? (was: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn)

(...) standard image processing techique(sorta) for change detection. It's used a lot in ecological and archaeological studies with a time series of aerial photographs. You can tell what has changed from time point to time point just by looking at (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

studies
(score: 0.228)

  Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close

(...) Everyone has different reasons for embracing a given philosophy--a fellow I went to college with (actually, he was a Lib candidate for Ypsilanti city council in the early 1990s) apparently switched from Dem to Lib to Rep (after being shot by a (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.228)

  Re: Wench as a word

(...) Not true, even *in* academia. Certainly not among any of the African Studies people I know, and I'm in just such a supposed "bastion of orthodoxy." The people who deny racism can exist among minorities make an easy foil, but they're far rarer (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.227)

  Re: Wench as a word

(...) part (...) I can't recall a single liberal in my acquaintance that thinks this way. Yes, you will run into this line of reasoning in some black studies courses, but I don't think you will find too many people who buy into it. Bruce (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.227)

  Hard choices at LEGO's Theme Gallery this month

There are a bunch of really nice entries in this month's Theme Gallery on the official LEGO site. The theme is "faces" and just about every entry represents the theme really well. My favorites are: Predator's Face: It's not the most complex creation (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

studies
(score: 0.226)

  Re: Website

(...) Augh, I knew you were in ID, I should have known you would know all about this stuff. Maybe someone else will benefit from the knowledge. (...) Yeah, multiple models are a pain--which is why for the older models on my site, there are only one (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

studies
(score: 0.226)

  Re: Overcharged battery?

(...) Hi Fred, I don't claim to be an expert on these, but what I have read leads me to believe that this may damage the cells if left on too long. For common NiCds (800mah AA' for instance) C/10 should really be considered a fast charge and not a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

studies
(score: 0.226)

  Re: Trying to understand

(...) Look, I understand all of this... the point I was trying to make is that the trigger lock thing only says that the gunseller must provide a triggerlock.. NOT that everybody has to walk around with their triggers locked! If you don't want to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.226)

  Re: Speculation on the nature of minifigs (moved from Dear LEGO)

(...) I have noted some inconsistencies with your observations below. Perhaps we are working with different population samples? (...) I have noted some exceptions to this - most prominently the female represented <set:6024 here> who is relatively (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

studies
(score: 0.225)

  Evolution (was Re: Mormon bashing again)

(...) Printed where? Were they sociological studies of the religious beliefs of professional scientists, or were they annecdotes of certain scientists who had some Christian coworkers? What is a large number? Is it in the hundreds or the thousands? (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

studies
(score: 0.225)

  The Cluetrain Manifesto (was: Re: fan support)

(...) You go, Stephen!!! Excellent report! The things the fan community does for TLC are priceless! On that note, while skimming Slashdot tonight, the following document came up in one of the conversations there earlier today. I've attached a copy (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

studies
(score: 0.224)

More:  Next Page >>