 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 160
Re: Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 05:08:30 GMT

"Karim" <knassar@mindspring.com> writes:
In lugnet.publish, Bram Lambrecht writes:
A little bit of constructive criticism on
raytracing (not that I'm an expert...[1])

Thanks, Bram.  Although, I already new about this stuff.  I work with
Alias Studio on a daily basis, so I am very into rendering.

Augh, I knew you were in ID, I should have known you would know all about
this stuff.  Maybe someone else will benefit from the knowledge.

The reason I went with straight defaults is that I was rendering
10+ images for 25 different models.

Yeah, multiple models are a pain--which is why for the older models on my
site, there are only one or two renderings per model.

I realise that they are pretty crummy renders, but alas, I don't get
paid for Pallas Spaceworks :)

Wouldn't that be great!  Are you working for an ID firm right now?  I'm
interested in ID, but I also like math, which doesn't seem to be focused
on much in design departments.  At the Cleveland Institute of Art, the
person I spoke to recommended that I first pursue my engineering
interests at the undergrad level, and then maybe look into ID for grad
studies.  I'd like to take some art and design courses in college,
though, which is the main reason I applied to Carnegie Mellon...I don't
know where I want to go yet...if I get into MIT, I'd like to go there,
but then again, there isn't much art at MIT, other than an Architecture
department...
--Bram