  Search Results: dead legends Beneke
 Results 1701 – 1720 of about 6600.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:I5uC0L.1JF1@lugnet.com... (...) after (...) Greg Egan - born 1961. One of the best IMHO! (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.457)

  legends are in

(URL) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

legends
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) Neal Stephenson (Snow Crash, The Diamond Age. Both in my top 20) almost meets your requirement (b. October 31, 1959) Greg Egan (b. 1961) seem to be fairly well respected (won a Hugo and John W. Campbell Memorial Award). I haven't read anything (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) I can state my opinion that it will emphatically. Yes. I think that the evidence of science's track record of constantly growing, and growing at pretty much an ever increasing speed, predicts (and predictions [or guesses] are all we can make (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) Jules Verne? I heard this really great quote once where Salvador Dali blames Jules Verne for everyone's death - cuz Jules Verne inspired people to develop other types of technology rather than focus solely on medicine - which if we had, we (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) Evidence is scientific. This is much like talking about colours to a person who has been blind their entire lives--you can get across the 'concept' of colours by talking about blue is running water, and red is heat or flame ('cause a blind (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) Also in Babylon 5 with the Technomages. :) Love that JMS... So my friend and I were talking the other day about Clarke, Asimov, Chalker, Heinlen, etc... Can anyone name a really good science-fiction author that was born, say, after 1960? I (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.457)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) Evidence and proof are aspects of science. How can one use 'evidence' to show 'something outside of science'? How can one use 'proofs', which support scientific evidence, to 'prove' something unprovable? I agree that we must not stop pursuing (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Lego direct in stores??

I was just browsing though the news.lugnet.com/general section, and came across the complaints about lego direct and retailers. I may not be the first one to bring up this issue, but feedback would be nice. I was thinking, could LEGO bring out some (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

legends
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Say it ain't so...

(...) Definitely, I just can't see why some other people can't see through this argument. What happened to the traditional set? Now I'm seeing action figures and highly juniorized sets on the shelves and less themed sets. Not a good sign. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

legends
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) I see that as analogous to believing in an omnipotent God that has all the answers, and decides not to tell you them all just yet. (...) The operative word being "may". I don't happen to believe that everything is or will necessarily be (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) So the whole can be completely, thoroughly, logically, scientifically explained by the sum of the parts? As in there's no magic at all? If there are systems and components we don't understand scientifically today, there will be a time in the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) My response to that has been(1), and continues to be, "so what?". If I can't taste it, and it can't taste me, what does it matter? I'm happy without. If you want to believe in pink elephants that's fine with me. Further, if the Elephantians (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) Right. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arthur C. Clarke Or something like that. This argument of Dave K's strikes me as a variant of the Designer argument, at least in some ways. (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Re: How I voted... OT

(...) You see that's the problem. If you were dead or made up, you'd probably have no problem. ;-) Derek (20 years ago, 2-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

You know, for a time now I have wanted this whole thing to go away and stop appearing on the main news page, for you see, I have a terrible weakness: a great fascination in philosophy. So, this whole discussion was honey to me and I was having a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) The original poster wanted to know how we (our behavoir) could be more than the sum of our biological parts. I simply pointed out the relevance of such an issue in the context of systems engineering. That itself isn't magic, it is a well-known (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) How are we that different? Do we possess any unique basic attributes that set us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom, or do we simply possess a unique combination and degree of shared attributes? Animal research has suggested that we are (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  FIRST LEGO Leage, robotics contests, etc., was: RE: Access Ideas

On FLL -- the challenges may seem easy to you, but as a coach you CANNOT help your team... (Believe me, you can get very tired of biting your tongue! LOL!) And the challenges are not easy for the team members! Neither is coaching them without giving (...) (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

dead
(score: 0.456)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

(...) to (...) Hi Gary, even if I came into this thread via lugnet.trains, I liked the tractor most among your models. I am a little bit focussed on rural sceneries and farm equipment as it seems... Ben (www.fgltc.org) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

beneke
(score: 0.456)

More:  Next Page >>