  Search Results: brick dimension measurement wall
 Results 1721 – 1740 of about 30000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Limitations in RCX language

Okay, I'm not nuts. But why haven't I found any other complaints about this? Nothing in the FAQ or any newsgroups. I fully expected adults to want to move beyond the interface, and to be capable of it, but what about kids? Are there just not that (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.ca.cva)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  New Year news

Well, I went into TRU in Cardiff on New Year's Eve to see what they had out/on sale. Nothing. (Bar a UFO set.) They'd even put out a load of Paradisa sets (6404) with 'new' stickers on them for seven quid each. Bah! However, I did bump into Richard (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  Re: Ideas for a Science Fair Project

GK, Although we both know that your bean-plant example will get points off for unoriginality, I wouldn't discount that type of experiment for a seven-year-old's science fair experiment. A typical bright second grader -- and most adults -- will bring (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  Re: LDraw & CyberMaster

Laurentino Martins wrote in message <4.1.19990104152505....90.220>... (...) duplication of efforts) ? (...) hoping to find some program to merge all those parts into one. (...) perfect, but at least I will have something to work with. I really wish (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  Re: New Rural Station, New Freight cars

(...) Thanks, Steve. Very true, especially in white... I have to tell you that those parts gave me fits, though, as the whole assembly is rather fragile until you get plates on both the top and bottom of the plate like section that sticks out of the (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  Re: Thoughts on 1999 Train Sets

Nicely put comments, Matthew! I especially like your simply-stating ratings. I like the new sets because they show a great deal more diversity than has been typical of the recent LEGO sets. Which is a good indication that Trains will continue. So (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  Re: IR Port as Proximity detector.

David Chen wrote (...) eh... twas me. As for programming goes the fluctuations in light intensity is fairly large (typically 100-200 RAW units when facing a wall or anything) I have had great success not setting a specific threshold in the code, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  MA9 - 21 000 + New Parts Auction

Re: MA9 New Parts Auction This is a second announcement for the auction I am currently holding with over 21, 00 new parts. It started over a week ago on the 27th. The auction will last 3 - 4 weeks, and will probably start to advance around the 15th (...) (26 years ago, 6-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  Lego Financials

Fri Jan 22 Wall Street Journal, page B1, contains a story saying Lego plans to report a loss for 1998 for the first time in its history - 1996 profit $73mil, 1997 profit $9.6mil, 1998 profit negative $31mil on estimated sales of $1.3bil. Article (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  Crane Idea...

Jeff Elliot has constructed a fabulous crane! (URL) he has got me thinking. In another post, I had briefly mentioned the idea of doing a contest with robots traversing a longitudinal cable suported from oposite walls in a building. This, coupled (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

dimension
(score: 1.595)

  Re: IR Line of Sight (was: Re: Fw: RcxCC Joystick controls)

This is similar to what I have done. My IR tower is on a table, about 2.5 feet off the ground. It faces the center of the room, bouncing off a wall that is about 10-12 feet from the tower. The RCX is lying flat on the top of the robot platform, and (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.595)

  Re: IR Port as Proximity detector.

Just thought I would throw up yet another code sample for proximity detection. With the following code, and my Light sensor mounted 4 bricks above the RCX, I get the following raw values in a dimly lit room with about 1 inch between the RCX and the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.594)

  Re: MSP Fest?

(...) I wish it were me but it isn't. There is also no guarantee that these people have ever thought about the internet and Lego. A good example is the train guy in Florida that Larry reached through cross posting. (...) Darn, I'll be out of town (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

wall
(score: 1.594)

  Re: IR Transmission Range when bounced off of Ceiling...

I have another solution to the IR -RCX range problem if you don't mind running a few wires. When I ran the Stage Crew organization at my local High School, I had a remotely controlled Tilt-pan head for an 8mm video camera suspended over the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.594)

  Re: Book I of the Hillsfar Chronicles: A Friend Returns

(...) Thanks Wilson. I'm such a perfectionist, I had to have it all just right. (Ask Shiri, we had to do most shots 3 or 4 times before I got one I liked :-) I think all the added little "thingies" add that dimension that one needs. (...) We had the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

dimension
(score: 1.594)

  Re: IR Port as Proximity detector.

(...) I have now a good working explorer bot using a combination of IR-proximity detection and bumpers. I had to work a while to get the proximity detection totally reliable though. I have a global variable called IN_PROXIMITY that I treat as a (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.594)

  Re: IR Transmission Range when bounced off of Ceiling...

(...) The CyberMaster can't check the tower, only the tower (PC) can check and give orders to the CyberMaster. Here's a mail I've sent to Peter Ljungstrand a few days ago that explained in detail what I've done with the CyberMaster. It's a bit (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

wall
(score: 1.594)

  Re: See X-Wing Fighter in Ldraw/Ldlite

(...) This is going to be a burning question in my mind for a few months, I guess. I just hope that whatever the method is they use, that is a creative one, and not something that is really lame. My theory on the back is this: In order for the model (...) (26 years ago, 10-Jan-99, to lugnet.starwars)

wall
(score: 1.594)

  Re: New Brickbay Store - Puzzle Kits

Burr puzzles are a series of puzzles that are made of interlocking notched sticks. The most common of these is the 6 piece burr that are made of 3 sets of 2 perpendicular sticks. The instructions give you the steps to create the six pieces. These (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

dimension
(score: 1.594)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

(...) Hi Nitin, okay, I see. Sorry, but then your circuit isn't interesting for me. I thought about using Sharp GP2D12 with it, but that won't work. First the Sharps have a current consumption of about 33mA up to 50mA max. Second the Sharps need (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

measurement
(score: 1.594)

More:  Next Page >>