 Castle / Castle Organizations / 116
Re: Book I of the Hillsfar Chronicles: A Friend Returns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:44:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Wilson Raska writes:
Wow, that is cool man!  You managed to tell a great story without the use of
much violence, which I tend to base my stories around.  I really didn't
notice too many of the blurry pics in the story and all the shots were
well-taken.  I liked all the background you used (houses, the Spitfire
Tavern, Anyon Steele's shop).  I really had to stop and say to myself "Man,
he made all those houses and shops just to add background to his story!"  I
think it's great that you went that far to enhance your story.

Thanks Wilson.  I'm such a perfectionist, I had to have it all just right.
(Ask Shiri, we had to do most shots 3 or 4 times before I got one I liked :-)
I think all the added little "thingies" add that dimension that one needs.

Also, the darkness of the pictures conveyed the feeling of dusk very well.
Did you take those pictures in a darker room, or did you darken them on your
computer?  *Another* thing I thought was cool was the picture of Tabbor and
Jakob looking over the balcony at the line of torches winding through the
mountains.

We had the lights off, and I held a little flourescent (sp?) camp light
above the scene.  There is one that I forgot to do that on, so I had to use
the computer to darken it.  As for the pic with the mountains, my dad paints
landscapes, and we set up the shot with one, then I went back in with Adobe
PhotoDeluxe and added the torches.
-Chris