  Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 621 – 640 of about 136000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Australian Nation Meet, 2005

(...) • There were phone calls to find where we can even hold the event. That took a few calls, I can't remember how many, but I do recall calling several places. There was the badges that I made/paid for, a few things printed out. Basically we got (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

all, property
(score: 0.957)

  LEGO® Movie in Development for the big-screen

LEGO ready for its big-screen close-up By Steven Zeitchik and Borys Kit LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Warner Bros. is building a LEGO movie. The studio and producer Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes movie) have acquired theatrical rights for a motion (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX) !

rights
(score: 0.957)

  Re: Aust event 2005 (update #1)

(...) That is all fine and stuff, but there is a lot more to it than just finding a place and time. Otherwise we may have a venue, but not the rights to run such an event. It's not a case of just finding a venue and saying it's going to be on this (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au)

all, rights
(score: 0.957)

  The #OBBCSL 'Mini Movie'!

Here it is! https://youtu.be/zEYWym2gCck My friend (who works in 'the biz') got some 'studio time' booked at his shop and we set up the #OBBCSL. He set up the lighting and the screens and I set up the layout. He originally thought about 'green (...) (2 years ago, 13-Jun-22, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.space)

all
(score: 0.955)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Oh, I was just making the terms up, for all I know. I guess I should have explicated. (...) Yes. I see it as a sure-fire loop-hole avoidance scheme. If all property is taxed, regardless of who owns it, then the rich -- even when trying to (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.955)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

(...) Steve can speak for himself but I think he's responding to me. I've said that I had in the past foundered on trying to derive a justification for natural rights from reasoning about how animals do things and about what evolution has crafted. I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.955)

  Re: LUG creation

Answers based on NELUG. www.nelug.org (...) We started by posting to the local groups that are part of the New England area. Once a couple of people connected we met a couple of times and then decided to form NELUG. (...) Now we usually start at a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org)

all, property
(score: 0.955)

  Re: Keeping the Peace in Nablus

Hmm, I never knew you were a holocaust denying anti-Semite. As such you clearly have no understanding of the IDF’s (URL) Ethical Standards>: Israel has a principle that weapons and force can only be used for the purpose of a military operation and (...) (20 years ago, 18-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.955)

  ENDLESS stinking reminder

(...) Chris said winning the event gives me bragging rights, so I'm using them. So far, in addition to winning rtl-15, my C4 robots have won two "Best Creation" awards, have been on TechTV, and also showed up on the news in Denmark. I was planning (...) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

all, rights
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

(...) Feel free to call me Lar or Larry. (...) No, I don't think this is necessarily true (whether others agree with it or not). I am not a moral relativist. I think there is an objective morality that is proper and good for humans to embrace. I've (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

In response to "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> in message news:G5qotE.M0q@lugnet.com... Larry, I appreciate the interaction you've provided. Before going any further, I'm glad that you're not a relativist (which means, in turn, that you (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Yet another argument in favor of privatized education

(...) It is stories like this which undermine the argument in favour of state regulation of certain private industries. I was reminded of this: "Better to abolish all regulations, consider everything as property, and solve all controversy by civil (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Will you stop? Where do you get that idea? What "higher power"? That's not it at all. My goodness what a stew of misconceptions. Do you listen to anything I say or are you just so sure you know what it is that it all blows past you? One more (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: On the recursive subdivision of two-dimensional food items

(...) I feel privaleged to be present when this important algorithm was created. But, I am not so sure that Todd's very important contribution into the consumption of food and to the further appreciation of the culinary delights is really as limited (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

<38741109.CEDCCCFC@c...anweb.net> <slrn87862s.nkk.matt...ia.bu.edu> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) Insert an "under" in front and you should be able to parse it, although it may still be on shaky (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Um, EVERY US state? Polygamy is illegal, so there are many rights you lose by having an "under the books" polygamous marriage (try visiting a 2nd wife/husband in the ICU. Try asking for property from a death if you aren't specifically listed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.953)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) I'll answer this once search is working again. (...) I'd argue that it is more important that a society ensures its citizen has the right to shelter & sustenance... before any other right. In your dreamland, those within it have all sorts of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.952)

  Federal Court Throws out Lego's Trademark Case...

(URL) court throws out Lego's trademark case against Mega Bloks Inc. Associated Press Fri May 31,12:12 PM ET MONTREAL - A court has dismissed a trademark case involving Lego Canada Inc., in which the producer of the popular building-block toys (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

rights, property
(score: 0.952)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) But the fact the TOS said what it did (summary action) isn't disputed, at least, I don't think. Did Dan have the right to ban Larry? Yes. Was it right for him to ban Larry, given the situation? No. Dan can do whatever the heck he wants with (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.952)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

This thread seems to have engendered a lot of discussion. Not all of it is for the long term good of the community, I fear, which is regrettable. I'm hopeful that this post might slow some of it down. I have asked Dan privately to be reinstated. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

all, rights
(score: 0.952)

More:  Next Page >>