 Local / Australia / 12723
Re: Aust event 2005 (update #1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:24:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
I think the most important thing is to get the where (sydney) and the when
(i.e. get exact dates or failing that, close enough).

That way, everyone can make sure to keep the time free and also can start
investigating travel plans (i.e. figure out how much it will cost and if
they can afford to go or not).

That is all fine and stuff, but there is a lot more to it than just finding a
place and time.  Otherwise we may have a venue, but not the rights to run such
an event. It's not a case of just finding a venue and saying it's going to be on
this day and at this time.  There are a whole heap of legal issues and other
issues that we must overcome and sort out first.

I hope that is understandable, trying to get it moving as quick as can be done
without being too messy.

Thanks

Mel