  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 141 – 160 of about 14000.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Three Cheers

[Crossposted to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, and lugnet.announce; followups to lugnet.dear-lego] All, This is a rally for everyone to give a round of applause to the LEGO Group for its unprecedented overture this past week. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.542)

  Spirit.ocx And firmware, Anyone????

My son has reinstalled his computer and also broken the Mindstorms CD. I've talk to lego sweden but it takes about three to four weeks before we can get a new CD. I've help my son with the programming using NQC. So the only thing I've really need (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.542)

  FW: idea for firmware development

(...) Smaller? Sergey and I were discussing making the kernel a bit smaller, but so far my 10x10 maze robot takes up about 4K out of about 13K of application space. With better coding, I could probably shave about 1.5K off that. I find it hard to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.542)

  Re: Where is the Firmware?

Mindstorms is firm\Firm0309.lgo This is on your MindStorms Disk. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Nostrand" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:l03130307b486aa...42.230]... (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.542)

  Re: **** the Scout ****

(...) Here is a copy of a post I made to rec.toys.lego a few hours ago... Seeing as the Scout is relatively new and the RCX has been around for over a year, there is quite a bit more information on the RCX than the Scout. As a result, the "verdict" (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.541)

  RCX capabilities

Is there a good FAQ anywhere that talks about the exact capabilities of the RCX (voltage/current specs of the inputs and outputs, CPU type, speed and memory) including its software characteristings? Also, I've seen a thread over in r.t.l where (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.541)

  Move the processing?

OK, another newbie question before I get my MindStorms this weekend. (Thanks for the tip, Janos!) There is a lot of talk on this list about what can and can not be done in the RCX... memory stacks, neural nets, and what have you... There has also (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.540)

  RE: Scout vs RIS and reverse engineering and Byte Codes

Mike Kory Wrote: (...) Cool! (...) Could you eat more turkey and find the 0x52 opcode that unlocks firmware? This would let us make custom firmware for the Scout. I'm still justifying the need for a Scout :-) Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.540)

  Comparative Book Review

The Mindstorms Books A Comparative Review by Jack Gregory The Unofficial Guide to LEGO MINDSTORMS Robots, Jonathan B. Knudsen, O'Reilly, 247pp., $24.95 Dave Baum's Definitive Guide to LEGO MINDSTORMS, Dave Baum, Apress, 385pp +CD-ROM, $24.95 (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.540)

  firmware upload with NQC...

first off, i'm using NQC with Linux. when i try to upload the firmware image from the MindStorms CD-ROM, i get the following: [kjs@localhost nqc_lnx_2_0_2]# ./nqc -firmware ../FIRM0309.LGO Downloading firmware:... Problem talking to IR device the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.539)

  RE: sending files to pbForth

(...) Yes, they are a FAQ. PLease refer to the website for FAQ info. It sounds like you do not have the latest version of firmware. Go to the website and gran a copy of the lastest 1.1.0 pbForth. The double chars are eliminated in this release. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.539)

  RE: Scout vs RIS and reverse engineering and Byte Codes

(...) I'm just guessing. If it has the upload data opcode, why not unlock firmware? On the RCX, there needed to be a specical code "Do you byte...etc" to allow the firmware to be "unlocked" and executed from 0x8000 hex. Now, the trick was to monitor (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.539)

  RE: problem downloading srec file to RCX

(...) Ok, the first thing I would do is that the known good firmware (firm0309.lgo) loads with all of the tools that you are interested in. The next thing is that any custom image you put in the RCX may or may not respond to the delelte firmware (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.538)

  Re: Scout vs. RIS 1.5

I have been watching the Scout situation closely, and have been tempted, but if the $50 difference (less with the tower, obviously) I think the RIS is the better choice. It really comes down to whose toy it is. The Scout may be better for the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.538)

  RE: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx

(...) It's funny, but a lot of what you need to do to write good Forth is done for you under the hood by C compilers. The wierd thing is that a C compiler intermingles data and return values on one stack while Forth separates them. (...) Now that (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.538)

  RE: problem downloading srec file to RCX

(...) Just because it compiled, and is from a book, does not mean it is compiled correctly. Once again, please try and load the LEGO firmware using all of the tools. Once this works, grab a known good alternate SRECORD file like Kekoa's little LCD (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.537)

  RE: problem downloading srec file to RCX

(...) Since I use nqc for non-standard firmware uploads, I vote for 3), with a command line option to suppress in 2) You can never have enough command line options, right? Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.537)

  Using Cybermaster with NQC in MPW on macintosh.

Hi all, I am having problems talking to my cybermaster from MPW on the mac. Heres my set up Mac B&W g3 with gport card providing the serial port. mac modem cable (mini 8 pin to DB-25) connected to serial port DB-25 from modem cable connected to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.537)

  firmware upload with NQC...

i posted this to message to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, but maybe it'll get a response here. :-) first off, i'm using NQC with Linux. when i try to upload the firmware image from the MindStorms CD-ROM, i get the following: [kjs@localhost (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.537)

  RE: New Dave Baum Book?

In a nutshell, both books are excellent. Jonathan's unofficial guide is a great overview and starting point for the many different languages that have sprung up around the RCX. Dave's book is more geared towards building in depth with both the Lego (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 2.535)

More:  Next Page >>