 Robotics / 8565
RE: Scout vs RIS and reverse engineering and Byte Codes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:52:13 GMT

Mike Kory Wrote:

It also means that we can save the binary version of a Scout program to a
Palm Pilot. We could then use the Palm to archive and download programs to
the Scout. This could be handy since the Scout has less memory than the RCX
and can only hold one program at a time.

Cool!

By the way I didn't reverse engineer these codes. They just appeared to me
in a Thanksgiving turkey induced dream.

Could you eat more turkey and find the 0x52 opcode that unlocks firmware? This
would let us make custom firmware for the Scout.

I'm still justifying the need for a Scout :-)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com