 Robotics / 8145
8144  |  8146
Subject:
RCX capabilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:24:00 GMT

Is there a good FAQ anywhere that talks about the exact capabilities
of the RCX (voltage/current specs of the inputs and outputs, CPU type,
speed and memory) including its software characteristings?

Also, I've seen a thread over in r.t.l where someone says the RCX has
no variables.  And I've seen someone here say that he was using NQC (I
know that that is) and so only had a limited variable space.

So I'm now curious about what computational limits in the RCS exist
because of its hardware, what computational limits exist because of
LEGO-supplied firmware, and what computation limits exist because of
progamming environments (specifically, say, NQC and the RIS PC-based
software that comes with Mindstorms).

If there are pointers to this information on the net, that would be
great, too.

--
Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@animato.arlington.ma.us
"I've come to the conclusion that there should be a tort for wasting my