 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 202
RE: sending files to pbForth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:45:48 GMT

I realize these might be a FAQ, but cannot seem to find the answers...

* how does one send files to pbForth? HyperTerminal is garbling everything up -
was that one of the problems with it that Ralph was talking about? maybe
another terminal program will work...

Yes, they are a FAQ. PLease refer to the website for FAQ info. It sounds like you
do not have the latest version of firmware. Go to the website and gran
a copy of the lastest 1.1.0 pbForth.

The double chars are eliminated in this release.

* is there a way to turn off the RCX from pbForth, or is removing the batteries
the only way? seems like no fun to download the firmware every time, and it
wears the batteries off...

Read the RCX extra wordlist page on the website and use the POWER_OFF word.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com