  *85216 (-20)
  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) They seem feasible now from a technical standpoint. (Overlooking the bandwidth issue for the moment.) The problem is the banner-ad revenue model of the current commercial web -- if you can look at PS: why does HTML just have the IMG tag? Why (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: If Lego made new Town sets... what should they be?

(...) A high school would be interesting - imaging the minifigs included! :) And if it were modeled after the one I attend, it would have to include at least three different architectural styles, ugly leaky windows, "dungeons" (ie, the Calc room, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: price gouging on RIS

I wonder if this is the same guy who is trying to sell 4 RIS on ebay for $350.00? The auction listed Lehi, UT as the location. I don't know where 376 prefixes are but it does seem like an unlikely coincidence. I've always heard "buyer beware". (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: The end of the Technic beam is nigh...

(...) Huh. That's fine with me, as long as they make beams available for bulk ordering. (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Something I forgot to ask at the NELUG meeting...

(...) The shirt, not the hat. I don't wear hats. (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Exploration Mars missing?

(...) It was planned, and never happened. (As of yet, at least.) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New Sets in Memphis, TN

I found all of the new Star Wars sets (except the droideka(?)) in the Target on Colonial in Memphis, TN. The Star Wars sets were in the Star Wars isle, not the Lego isle. The Lego Isle also had most of the new 2000 sets too... I left a few there, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Shaft Encoders

(...) While I am not familiar with the LEGO Rotation Sensor (simply because I havn't got one yet), I have constructed, for the moment, a "homebrew" rotation sensor. My recent models have mostly been models of the robots we build at work. They are (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Something I forgot to ask at the NELUG meeting...

(...) Yes, that'll be cool. (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  If Lego made new Town sets... what should they be?

If Lego were to make new, non-juniorised Town sets, what would you like them to be? My top ten would be: Historic houses (ones that are likely to still exist in a modern town) Town Hall Neighbourhood park (with kids play equipment, trees, flowers, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Hey Brad, I am another party guilty in TLCs eyes of posting a message to the effect that I would provide my own scans of 2000 products to any who asked. I decided to pursue this until an answer came from yourself or Todd, and now that it has I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Two Year Before the Mast

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ... (...) was (...) Three cheers! I got my second for $50 (though it is missing several pieces). (...) No. While it is true that I spent more for my first BSB, I also was patient, and waited until I could get one (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Sightings in Melbourne

The TRU in Melbourne has: All Polar sets All Castle 2000 sets Most new Star Wars sets (all but the Destroyer Droid and the B-Wing) The new raised roadway set (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: 2000 scans

(...) do (...) The right of free speech is a cornerstone of American ideology. I did sound a bit preachy however, and for that I apologize. I was simply illustrating that I thought someone telling me not to share information I have with interested (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Funny Ebay Auction

(...) Harruummph!!!! It sounds more like they're afraid these sets will hit nationwide before the auction ends, so they'd better rip people off while they still can! Will Visit the Lego Beach Fire and Rescue Service (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: New Star Wars Lego in Canada?

James, where are you located in Canada? Adam (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Thank you, Brad. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will do so. (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Please allow me to provide some further clarification. I agree that perhaps our position regarding the viewing of images on LEGO.com was somewhat hard- line and legalistic. It was not intended to be so. (I'll take the heat here, as it was my (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Robotics subgroups by mail (was: sensors)

(...) I don't either, unless the subject of sensors is currently suffering from not having its own group/list, which I don't think it is. I just responded to Rob trying to be objective. He doesn't have my support in creating a new group for sensors (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  S@H Canada Goodbye

I called this morning and placed my final order. A bunch of accessory packs. I foolishly asked the women about it being their last day. She said that she was a temp and by the time she got there, the place was mostly gutted, but as for the people (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

Skipped 25 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact