  *78213 (-20)
  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Definitely - didn't mean to imply that it isn't. I just think that it is unreasonable to expect them to come back with a 50% discount. If you think they should do that you're likely saying that because of a technical glitch they should (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) You? Cynical? Not *our* Mike Stanley! James (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe there are two parts you can put together that are _impossible_ to remove without destroying one of both of them. Don't try this at home :) Get one of the octagonal Aquazone 'duct' pieces that has an angle at one end. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Firmware w/o CD

You simply need the firmware file, which can then be downloaded directly by nqc : nqc -firmaware <your firmware file> No need for the mindstorm installation then. Though you may need the spirit.ocx to use rcxcc... But that's another story. Phil (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I actually haven't found this to be true. In my experience good and honest behavior are rewarded (for the most part) by a nice spot at the end of the line. There are some rare exceptions, but most nice guys (in my experience) really do seem to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Part variation noted

A few months ago my brother noticed that there are two types of walkie-talkies. One has 5 ridges on the back and one has 7. (the numbers might be wrong but they are different). One type is from the classic space era and the other is modern. KL (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Yeah, I tend to agree that Majisto's torso is rather good for making peasants-- although I still wish I had more other colors of the peasant torso... offhand, I can only think of grey, green and blue tunic torsos... I think the best would be (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

I can tender a guess about why Georgia (and Virginia)... Both of these locations are near major N-S interstate highways that just happen to feed to... DisneyWorld. Atlanta has a large population of its own, but my speculation would center around the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

I've received some very good responses here. Jacob Andersen's worm gear idea is what I would do if I were to use a motor, but since gravity already provides energy for the system, a good engineering solution would not use an additional motor. Plus, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: LegOS 2.2 on solaris

(...) You're right, that's the echo of what you're sending. This looks suspiciously like the problems many people had with gcc-2.9.5 compiled legOS on regular Linux boxes, you know. Maybe you should try downloading a kernel known to work? Markus. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Do it yourself light sensors. How does RCX drive them?

(...) You are correct, in that the diode in the 'loop' when driving using the normal op-amp output into a resistor technique, imposes a problem, but this is not that significant over the centre of the output range, so most designs tend to ignore (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) I (...) I can tell you one thing, this thread shows me which AFOL's I would rather do business with in the future. I like a good deal also, but not at the detriment of someone else. A deal is only good if (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO "CAD"

Marco C. skrev i meddelandet <3.0.6.32.1999113017...tlinux>... (...) Probably not. Lego Creator is limited to "Town Jr" pieces (no Technic), and limited placement/rotation of the pieces (studs up, 90 degree rotations around Z). (You get almost the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Where to find LEGO Mindstorms in Sweden?

Simon Lundell skrev i meddelandet <384407AE.DAFA58B6@home.se>... (...) Most any well-sorted Lego retailer should have it, but cheap? No, I don't know :-( Take a look at lugnet.loc.se, there are some threads about good places to buy (and we can speak (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Unified UK Lego community idea

(...) Great! Somehow that doesn't sum it up, but it is quite lovely to read that! (...) Wow, that sounds more than reasonable! (...) I'd be happy to do it - it sounds like fun :) But I don't want to step on anyones toes, especially as there are (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Polybags

(...) Heh... I turn them back in packing materials. :) They squish real good, and weigh less that an equivalent squishyness of paper. YMMV James (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  RE: Storage

Those of you interested in this thread may also want to check out (URL) even more intricate discussions of boxes :) Seriously, if you are looking for storage options, I seriously suggest finding a Container Store ((URL) near you and going there. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: lego controlled Blimb

"Reimer Mellin" <davmel@primenet.com> wrote in message news:FM0v13.FJJ@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) htm (...) a (...) steered (...) some (...) the (...) I assume the blimp will have neutral buoyancy, e.g. no weight in the standard configuration. Any (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: lego controlled Blimp

(...) camera (...) to (...) Ahh, I spoke too soon. Digging into the plantraco.com pages, I found that the new tri-fan can lift up to 90 grams (I've got the old two-fan). They even list a wireless b/w cam on the order page (coming soon). (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Magnetic couplers

(...) I've pulled 25 (2 4 wheel truck) on the flat, and 15 with a running start up a 2 plate per track grade. What gets you here is jerk. To successfully start a long train, first reverse the engine to bunch the slack. If you try to start quickly (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact