 Robotics / 8664
Re: LEGO "CAD"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:13:32 GMT

Marco C. skrev i meddelandet <3.0.6.32.19991130174448.02b774c0@gtlinux>...
Is there an application for designing/planning LEGO projects ?

I've seen LEGO Creator on the shelves, but dunno if it's good for design
and for creating a "library" of schematics to plan and (re)build some of my
projects.

Probably not. Lego Creator is limited to "Town Jr" pieces (no Technic), and
limited placement/rotation of the pieces (studs up, 90 degree rotations around
Z).
(You get almost the same functionality for free with my BlockCAD)

The LDRAW 'family' is the only option if you want to draw _any_ Technic model.
Take a look at www.ldraw.org

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm

Message is in Reply To:
  LEGO "CAD"

Is there an application for designing/planning LEGO projects ? I've seen LEGO Creator on the shelves, but dunno if it's good for design and for creating a "library" of schematics to plan and (re)build some of my projects. Help anyone ? :) ___...___ (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)