 General / 11009
Re: Outlet Mall Locations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:38:53 GMT

I can tender a guess about why Georgia (and Virginia)...

Both of these locations are near major N-S interstate highways that
just happen to feed to... DisneyWorld. Atlanta has a large population of
its own, but my speculation would center around the demographics of the
shoppers at those particular outlet malls. For all we know, TLC already
has a master schedule for opening outlet location, just that we are not
privy to it.

Ray

David Eaton wrote:

That's certainly one of the venues I'd recommend, but I'm not really sure what
the logic is behind their store placement... I'd be curious to find out why in
the world they put one in Georgia to begin with... I'm not sure if they want to
avoid major metropoliton areas to avoid competing with themselves... after all,
if someone in the LA area is already paying full price for Lego products at a
TRU or something, why undersell the same items at an outlet store?