 General / 11071
Re: Outlet Mall Locations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:43:35 GMT

Both LEGO stores are in true "outlet" malls.  An "outlet" mall is different
from a "regular/retail" mall.  It may have the same "stores" but their
content is different.  It's typically last years clothes or in limited
quantities (closeout) or in some cases "seconds" and/or "irregulars."   Many
of these stores are brand specific (Levi's, Bugle Boy, Sony, Magnavox,
Bose).  Neither has what I'd consider "typical" retail stores (JC Penny,
Sears, Wards, etc.).

The Georgia store is not on an interstate highway, but is at the northern
end of a GA state highway (where GA 400 stops being a "highway" and becomes
more of a 4 lane road with stoplights and such).  It's about an hour north
of downtown Atlanta, in between I 75 and I 85.

The Virginia store is on a major highway, I 95, about an hour south of
downtown Washington DC or an hour north of Richmond.

The south, in general, seems to be generating a large number of outlet
malls, we've got 4 within a 2 hour radius of Atlanta.  There are also many
on I 95 from VA south.

Mike