 General / 10933
Re: Outlet Mall Locations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:28:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rick Kujawa writes:
They should consider putting one in the LA area.  I think I remember
hearing that if it where a country it would be the sixth largest
economic country on earth.  It definitely has a lot of people (with
kids).  They would rake!

That's certainly one of the venues I'd recommend, but I'm not really sure what
the logic is behind their store placement... I'd be curious to find out why in
the world they put one in Georgia to begin with... I'm not sure if they want to
avoid major metropoliton areas to avoid competing with themselves... after all,
if someone in the LA area is already paying full price for Lego products at a
TRU or something, why undersell the same items at an outlet store?

But excluding that, I think the store itself would indeed rake in cash in any
majorly populated area, like New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Boston (I'm biased),
Chicago, Philadelphia, etc... those would be the "best" places in my mind for a
really successful store. Perhaps there are other considerations too, though...
Anyway, although I'm hideously jealous of the southeast for getting TWO stores
when the rest of the nation doesn't have any, I'm happy that the stores exist
at all... with luck one will pop up by me soon! :)

DaveE