 Robotics / 8666
Re: Firmware w/o CD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:28:18 GMT

You simply need the firmware file, which can then be downloaded directly
by nqc :

nqc -firmaware <your firmware file>

No need for the mindstorm installation then. Though you may need the
spirit.ocx to use rcxcc... But that's another story.

Phil

rmemory@zinc.com a écrit :

Hi all,

Got a dumb question: Is there a way to download the firmware to the RCX without
using the lego mindstorms CD? I run NT 4.0 and can't install/use the new 1.5 CD.

Since I plan on using NQC, I didn't think not being able to use the CD would be a
big deal. But since NQC uses the firmware ......

thanks.

                             Philippe Jadin
                     mailto:philippe.jadin@skynet.be
                             Belgium, Europe