 Underground / 124
Re: Cut off the dying vine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 02:42:48 GMT

In lugnet.underground, Sergio Guerra writes:

Hello,

I picked up the minifig pack. They are great for space recruits. The small
sets offer more than the big, cause the big sets are ripoffs. Rock raiders
have awesome potential. Rock raiders are like a good joke with a bad delivery.
Futuristic miners are a great idea, but Lego could've done better. Rock
raiders could have had evil counterparts instead of rock monsters. Aquazone
isn't that bad. All Lego themes deserve recognition.Castle, town, pirate,
space, wild west,aquazone, time cruisers, and launch command could've still
been going if Lego let them. Same goes for adventurers, ninja, arctic, and of
course, rock raiders. By the way where can you get the rock raider commander?
I use Docs, the one w/ the gray uniform, as my leader.

--==Sergio==--

Yeah:)  Thus far I have accumulated three of the set, as well as more than a
few hover scouts and rapid riders.  It's a shame the big sets arn't as cool as
the little ones. I do think it was very noble of them to pack a crystal in
with all the small sets.  The Commander can be purchased separately, and is
set number 3347.  It's a S@H exlusive, and he belongs to a line of recently
introduced fig packs (including star wars).  I've heard that S@H has a handful
of the new packs in stock, but I don't know which ones, so I can't say they
have him for sure.

Just tonight I swallowed hard (twice)and purchased the Loader Dozer, 89 pieces
for 20 bucks is like a pack of gum for $5, but I had to have a rock monster
already.  I'm not particularly fond of the model, it looks to stubby, but it's
ok.  I got the Granite Grinder at the same time, I'd like it a lot better if
it'd stop looking like a dog's head.  Come on, the rock monster ain't that
bad.  They should have offered a better way to get him.  My fav RR vehicle is
the Chrome Crusher, I know it's way juniorized but it's still a cool set.  I
love the names of these sets, "Chrome Crusher" and "Granite Grinder" are right
up there with "Hydro Reef Wrecker".

The RR fig pack is the type of thing I'd like to see more often from lego.

--Josh