 Underground / 122
Re: Cut off the dying vine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:44:12 GMT

In lugnet.underground, Sergio Guerra writes:
All Lego themes deserve recognition.Castle, town, pirate,
space, wild west,aquazone, time cruisers, and launch command could've still
been going if Lego let them.

Launch Command is sort of still going: I consider Space Port to be sort of a
Launch Command II.

I hate how Lego is giving up on all the classic themes, though.  I didn't miss
Pirates much (the eyepatched stubbled heads get annoying when you're searching
through your 35 unused heads to find a suitable one for a starship commander),
but Castle was a major loss, and I don't see how Lego could possibly have
thought cancelling Space was a good idea... maybe they couldn't think up a new
theme?  (If anyone from Lego reads this, I demand Ice Planet II and Spyrius II
and I hereby relinquish all intellectual and/or other rights to the ideas.)

-Andy &&