 Underground / 100
Re: Cut off the dying vine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:21:26 GMT

In lugnet.underground, Jon Furman writes:
Hey, does anybody out there even care about the rock raiders?  I mean the last
post in this forum was three weeks ago, and he was looking for hats to make
wild west items.  I hope that all of the R&D that went into this whole Rock
Raider system of Books games and toys was worth it, because TLG has killed off
systems (Pirate, Wild West, Etc..) that were way more popular than this.  Go
to your local toy retailer, and look what you find.... Lots of Rock Raiders
sitting on the shelves.  Maybe the kids like them, but they aren't buying
them.  Jon

The cost per piece in the Rock Raiders sets is higher than for any other theme,
and the number of juniorized parts and SPUDs is in general quite high.  I
suspect that parents balk at the former, and both AFOL and discerning JrFOL (who
would constitute the majority of kids buying their own Lego) balk at the latter.

--
John J. Ladasky, Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology