 Trains / Train Organizations / 2866
2865  |  2867
Subject:
Announcing the new LUGNET Link List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:48:42 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi All,

I would like to announce the new LUGNET Link List:
http://www.lugnet.com/links2/

The former Link List, Michael Dorneichs great "Everything LEGO Link Page", is
located here now:
http://www.lugnet.com/links/everything.cgi

Unfortunately, this list was last updated more than 3 years ago and it has too
many broken links to reactivate it in a reasonable time frame. So after talking
to Suz, we both came to the conclusion to better set up a new one.

So here we go:

- If you own a neat site or if you know about a good one, please add them to the
list.

- Please do not submit individual Brickshelf galleries or other link lists.

- Please fill out the field "Language" with the language which the site is in,
not your own nationality or home country.

- If the site is in English, you can do me a favour by filling out the field
"Language" with the two lower characters "uk" (without the quotation marks)
rather than writing "English". It speeds up the reviewing by a few little
seconds since it saves me two clicks ;-) I will add a drop-down menu later.

- Report any broken links, misnomer and wrong descriptions to
linkadmin@lugnet.com

- If possible, please use the same language for the description like the site's
language. We will improve the script later this year to let the user filter it's
content (e.g. by language).

- If you add a site which is written in two languages, you can submit this site
twice, e.g. with an english description leading to the english part and second
entry with tierradelfuegoish description leading to the Tierra-del-Fuego-part of
the site.

- Please try to prevent twisted characters since we would like to add a Search
later. E.g. "ptoato dmulpnig" wouldn't be easy to find by searching for "potato
dumpling" ;-)

- I'm also looking for one or two volunteers who would like to maintain the list
later (in two weeks or so). Reviewing, deleting, adding and so on. I don't
expect much work once the list is filled with the first batch of links, but it
has to be done nevertheless :-/

As said, please post your comments and ideas or send them to
linkadmin@lugnet.com

Thanks & Leg Godt!
Rene