 Administrative / General / 13602
Re: Announcing the new LUGNET Link List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:14:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich wrote:
I would disagree with the assumption of their order of searching for a
community. Perhaps this "an American thing", but I personally make a huge
distinction between online and offline interaction with people. Finding other
AFOLs who live nearby, or visiting a group when I happen to be in their town, is
very special to me, and rare. NELUG provides me with an exceptionally rich
experience. Online communities on the other hand are common and all work pretty
much the same way. One can lurk in an online community, but not in a real-life
LUG.

I agree with this 100% (as well as the solution suggested that I just happened
to have snipped away).

-Lenny

Categories made and entries re-sorted. Thanks for the train of thoughts!

Leg Godt,
Rene