 Administrative / General / 13589
Re: Announcing the new LUGNET Link List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:40:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
I think you should add a category:

Community General Discussion Sites

This would cover several sites that are not affiliated with a specific lug or
theme.  Examples of such sites are EuroBricks and LEGOfan.org (and since LEGOfan
is run by fans, I do not consider this as a company site - or maybe it is both)

Ben

Um... I think general discussion sites are also a kind of LUG? As for
LEGOFan.org: it is in fact an official site, but I wouldn't mind to see it in
both cats.

Leg Godt,
Rene

Actually, LEGOFan.org is run by fans, and it's not controlled by TLG, so it's
not an official LEGO property... although it does have permission to use the
company mark in the domain name.

"LEGOfan.org is a web site owned and operated by a 501c Non-Profit organization
called BrickPortal, L.L.C, registered in the state of Delaware. BrickPortal was
started to help preserve the goals of LEGO Fan, as well as to setup a formal
structure to ensure that LEGO Fan continues to be fan-run, fan-owned, and a
positive influence on the community." (From
http://www.legofan.org/CoreSite/Introducing_the_LEGO_Fan_Committee.lfp)

Hope this clarifies things,
Kelly