 Trains / 9670
Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:30:55 GMT

r2 wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
I'm under NDA so can't discuss what the responses from LD were.

Can I ask if something was discussed?

I have been thinking about the studios line. Every store is selling the
accessory sets, which I think are rather limiting in appeal if you don't
have the main set.

Why can't they do this with the train line, I would think that the train
line would have more cross appeal than the Studios line.

You are correct about the cross appeal of trains, which is one reason why
LD is interested in them.

So was increasing the local availability of the train line discussed?

One point of fact-- remember, LD is about *direct* marketing to consumers,
bypassing the retail channel (I assume that is what you mean by "local
availability")

-John

Rose