 Trains / 3074
3073  |  3075
Subject:
Lures of 6,8 wide (was Re: 4561 sale at kbkids)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:12:12 GMT

Will Hess wrote:

Forget about alternate models-- create your own!  Find a train book and • model
a prototype.  And while you're at it, make it 8 studs wide{;^D

Well gee...I'll probably do that to.  But that's like....work!  This is
supposed to be fun :-)

As to your 8 stud wide suggestion...I have successfully resisted the
pressure to model fire apparatus in a 6 wide format, so I imagine I'll have
no problems resisting your evil influence as well :-)

lol, don't be so sure;-)  If you saw Bill Toenjes' latest 6 wide fire truck,
you would forsake 4 wide forever.  His stuff is wonderful, although AFAIK he
doesn't have any pics posted anywhere at the moment... except this nugget:
http://63.74.171.239/gallery_show_detail.asp?id=57   It's a school bus, but
most of his work is fire/rescue related.

For that matter, check out another GMLTCer and GMLUG host Paul Foster's 6 wide
emergency vehicles:  http://www.gmlug.org/foster/  *I* would never go

As for 8 wide trains, I don't have many pics of my stuff up yet (just heres
and theres from the GMLTC web site), but when I do you'll feel the seduction
of better scale, detail, and realism-- I gair ron tee it;-)

-John

Will