 Trains / 30684
Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 03:23:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Bond wrote:
   Hi all,

I’ve been lurking on these boards for years, but I thought it was high time I created an account. I would like to share with you my model of a Deutsche Bahn InterCityExpress (ICE 3 class 406) train set.

   In the videos, it is running on long curves made from straight track as described in Railbricks 1 by Holger Matthes. I love this method of creating a layout that is suitable for long trains to operate at high speed -- see particularly the last video where I used a modified power supply with the current increased to 3 A (helps with the electrical resistance from the long curves).

Cool! And also neat to see mother necessity in action with the curves. Your implementation is the first time I’ve seen them realized. They look great in the videos. And as battery trains are becoming the norm, they’ll be a lot easier to implement too.

Benn