 Trains / 30677
    DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Eric Bond
   Hi all, I've been lurking on these boards for years, but I thought it was high time I created an account. I would like to share with you my model of a Deutsche Bahn InterCityExpress (ICE 3 class 406) train set. (URL) Full credit goes to James Mathis (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Cale Leiphart
     (...) WOW! As a static model this train looks great. But seeing it in motion elevates it to a whole new level of awesomeness. It looks beautiful running at high speeds around those sweeping curves and is truly in its element. I would love to see the (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Scott Wardlaw
     Those videos are amazing! The long curves really put realism to the train. It looked like the train leaned into the curve a litte. Did you add a high pivot point, so that it would lean into the curve? Very nice setup and awesome train! Scott (15 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Stefan Garcia
     That is an absolutely beautiful trainset! Seeing it on the long curves is magnificent. I do have one suggestion/comment though. Have you thought about using this piece (URL) to hide the 1x2 light bulb brick in body and route the light up to where (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Eric Bond
     Thanks for the great feedback so far. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos! I had fun making them with all the different camera angles -- there were quite a few incidents involving the train colliding with the camera as well, so perhaps I should post a (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Stefan Garcia
     (...) The new lamps are really cool, especially in being LED. They can be a bit bulky compared to the old light bricks though. Plus they're permanently paired. (URL) I believe the bottom of these are compatible with the old 9V connectors. The (...) (15 years ago, 30-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Nathan Todd
     Very nice looking! Thanks so much for sharing! God Bless, Nathan (URL) (15 years ago, 31-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Benn Coifman
     (...) Cool! And also neat to see mother necessity in action with the curves. Your implementation is the first time I've seen them realized. They look great in the videos. And as battery trains are becoming the norm, they'll be a lot easier to (...) (15 years ago, 1-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —James Mathis
     (...) Eric, I've been lurking, as well, for some year or more. Your design of the ICE is fantastic. I love the modifications you've made. Stellar set. The set runs so smoothly along those sweeping curves-- mezmerizing, indeed! I might make one (...) (15 years ago, 4-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —David Boddy
     Eric, wow!!! Thanks so much for sharing your video’s with us. That is a serious Lego train, very very impressive. You must live with some very understanding people. My family wouldn’t allow it. You have done well just to organise all the straight (...) (15 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set —Eric Bond
   Thank you all for your great comments! I am excited to try the suggested improvements when I get the chance: (...) I agree this would improve the sleekness of the design, so I will certainly give it a try. Originally the notch-effect may not have (...) (15 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)