 Trains / 30681
Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:11:43 GMT

Thanks for the great feedback so far. I’m glad you enjoyed the videos! I had fun making them with all the different camera angles -- there were quite a few incidents involving the train colliding with the camera as well, so perhaps I should post a video of “out-takes” too. ;-)

The interior is partially finished with seats and luggage storage on the inside of the roof, but there is still more to be done (the interior of the dining car for example). My trains are in storage right now, but when I’m back and can get them out again, I will certainly take some pictures!

Regarding the videos, there is no tilt function built into the train, but the tilting appearance could come from the layout itself, as some of the track on the curves is slightly banked -- sometimes I found this helpful, particularly when the layout went over carpet. Given the size of these long curve layouts, they are unfortunately only ever temporary, and even so one must have understanding companions who don’t mind watching their step. :-)

Concerning the center front lamp, that is a great idea to use the fiber optic cable! I don’t have any of those pieces, so this had not occurred to me -- perhaps I will try to find some.

Another idea might the new Power Functions LED lamps, as they are also smaller than the light brick. Can one hook up the PF LED lamps to the electrical pickup on a 9V train motor?

Cheers,

Eric