 Trains / 28712
28711  |  28713
Subject:
Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:55:02 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The tracks from the Snowmobile 8272 and Bulldozer 8275 make a great tunnel mouth
or bridge arch - smoother than using slope bricks.

I've used 27 links at the moment, fixing them twice on each side.  The arch as
built fits well over 6-wide, 8-wide or 8mm scale trains, but the size could be
increased if you have a large overhang on a particular MOC.

I intend to try this out as a tunnel mouth and possibly for a viaduct.  I think
the links would be reluctant to stretch to an arch of less than 15M wide for 180
degrees curve, but arches of less than 180 degrees curve are possible too,
especially if you use plates modified with clips or bars to attach to the ends
of the links at each side.

This could have many applications, though sadly the links are dark bley only - a
bit more tricky for castle fans.

Mark