 Trains / 21930
Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:24:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:

   Do you have an extra speed regulator lying around? If the answer is
yes, then you could run all of your powered points off a speed regulator
that isn't set to full power. Two problems solved!

Great idea!  I just tried this with the speed regulator set to level 4 (6 being
max) and it reduces the impact considerably, but there's still enough power for
a reliable throw.  I've been using the motorized switches with my RCX (running
LACC) and this suggests a new feature of allowing the power level to be adjusted
when throwing the switch.

Nice small design by
the way.

Thank you.

   Oh yeah, problem car... peshaw... think bigger! Build them wide,
8-wide, build them big, real big, and damn the torpedos, the buildings
too :)

And, everything else that gets in the way!  Jeez, building 6-wide cars is
expensive enough, I can only imagine what it costs in parts for a nice long
8-wide loco...

Thanks for the suggestion,

Mark